DLSU-D >> Academics >> University Registrar

Office of the Registrar banner

The Office of the Registrar is a potent part of the University’s scholastic services. It extends academic services to students, faculty and administration. As the steward of academic records and other related documents, its core commitment is to uphold the integrity of student’s record and availability as well as security of academic documents and information. Moreover, this office is directly responsible for the enrollment of students every semester and special term. It is also in-charge of the evaluation of subjects and credits and certification of students’ eligibility for graduation.

Our Customer Service Credo

We are committed to Service

  • Serve our students and the general public in a polite, courteous, and professional manner, the same way we like to be treated.

  • Exceed current standards in all possible areas.

  • Resolve problems and complaints in a non-judgmental, timely fashion and in the best interest of those we serve.

  • Value our students and show our appreciation to them.

  • Insure that staff members maintain high levels of quality in all work assignments.

  • Communicate university policies and procedures in a clear and effective way.

  • Evaluate our procedures on a regular basis and make improvements whenever possible.
  • Issuance of Transcript of Records (TOR), Certifications, CHED Certification, Authentication and Verification, Diploma, Identification Cards
  • Reservation of Classrooms
  • Verification of Records
  • Scheduling of Major Examinations
  • Checking of Faculty Attendance
  • Enrollment Matters
  • Processing of Dean’s Honors List
  • Clearance of Student, Faculty, and Staff
  • Scheduling of Classes in coordination with College Deans/Department Chairs
  • Preparation, Submission and Distribution of Academic Calendar
  • Transaction with government offices or agencies regarding matters related to functions of the office
  • Preparation and Management of Graduation Rites

Records and Evaluation Section Registrar Special Operation Section

The Office of the Registrar is open every:
  • Monday to Thursday
  • 8:00 am to 12:00 nn
  • 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm

  • Friday
  • 8:00 am to 12:00 nn
  • 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm

  • Saturday
  • 8:00 am to 12:00 nn

Students with excellent grades in all academic subjects for both degree and non-degree courses deserve recognition through the publication of the Honors List at the end of every semester of each school year. To qualify for the Honors List, a student should meet the following criteria:

  1. minimum academic load as prescribed in the curriculum during the semester
    i.e., must not drop any subject prescribed in the curriculum;
  2. no grade below 3.0 in any academic subject;
  3. must have passed NSTP, and INTRO subjects; and
  4. must not have been found guilty of having committed a major offense.

Students who get a GPA of 3.50 qualify for First Honors, and those with GPA of 3.00-3.49 qualify for Second Honors.

  • Transcript of Records (TOR)
    • A TOR is an official list of all the courses a student or graduate has completed, including information about the number of credits and grades earned.

    Steps in Acquiring Transcript of Records:
    1. Verify Student Clearance at Counter 1.
    2. Complete necessary signatures indicated in the Student Clearance.
    3. Claim Payment Order Slip at Counter 1.
    4. Pay the necessary fee at the Cashier.
    5. Submit Payment Receipt to Counter 1, which in turn issues Claim Slip with the schedule of release of requested document.

    Processing period
    • Peak season (April to August) 12 days for regular, no express processing.
    • Off peak (September to March) 7 days for regular and 2 days for express. For records covering 1997 and earlier, processing is 12 days with no express option.

  • Certifications
  • (Grades | Enrollment | Graduation | Medium of Instruction | General Point Average (GPA) | Earned Units | Course Description)

    Steps in Acquiring Certifications:
    1. Present photocopy of Certificate of Registration (COR), if presently enrolled, or fully accomplished clearance, if not enrolled, to Counter 1 to get a Payment Order Slip.
    2. Pay necessary fee at the Cashier 3. Submit Payment Receipt together with the document presented in Step 1 at Counter 1, which in turn issues a Claim Slip with release schedule of the requested document.

    Processing Period
    Within the day (if requested before 12nn, the certification can be claimed in the afternoon; if requested in the afternoon before 5pm, the certification will be released the morning of the next working day).



  • CHED Certification, Authentication, and Verification (CAV)
    • CAV of TOR, diploma and/or certificates is a requirement for Filipinos who are applying to work or study abroad.

    Steps in Acquiring CAV:
    1. Present 2 clear, photocopies of TOR and Diploma at Counter 1, which in turn issues Payment Order Slip, CHED Endorsement Form, and Claim Slip.
    2. Pay the necessary fee at the Cashier.
    3. Submit Payment Receipt together with the fully accomplished CHED Endorsement Form and Claim Slip.

    Processing Period
    The claim stub for the CAV will be released at the Office of the Registrar- Counter 1 after 2 weeks. Use this stub to get the authenticated document/s at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

    CHED Certification, Authentication, and Verification (CHAV)

  • Diploma
  • Diplomas of new graduates are sent via courier to graduates’ given address. Those who were not able to receive their diplomas via courier, they may claim the document at the Office of the Registrar. Diplomas are issued only once.


  • Transfer Credentials
  • Transfer credential (formerly referred to as “Honorable Dismissal) is a document certifying that a student has no pending accountabilities with the school and is eligible for transfer to another educational institution. Transfer credentials are issued only once.

    Steps in Acquiring Transfer Credential:
    1. Secure Student Clearance at Counter 1.
    2. Complete necessary signatures indicated in the Student Clearance.
    3. Counter 1 issues Payment Order Slip.
    4. Pay the necessary fee at the Cashier.
    5. Submit Payment Receipt at Counter 1, which then issues Claim Slip with release schedule of requested document.

    Processing Period
    5 working days

    Transfer Credentials

  • Identification Cards
  • Identification cards are given to officially enrolled students of the University. These cards are RFID-enabled (radio-frequency identification that uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to objects). Such ID card must bear the signature of the University Registrar, and the student. For lost ID:

    1. Secure Certification of Loss from SWAFO ASAP. Present any picture-bearing ID Card and/or current Certificate of Registration (COR).
    2. Apply for a new ID card at Counter 5 by presenting the Referral Slip/Certification of Loss from SWAFO. Counter 5 issues Payment Order Slip and Application Form for new ID card.
    3. Pay necessary fee at the Cashier.
    4. Submit Payment Receipt and fully accomplished Application Form for New ID card at Counter 5.

    Processing Period
    2 working days

Identification Cards


Major examinations during regular semesters include the prelims, midterms, and finals. Summer term covers midterms and finals. Physical Education, National training Service Program (NSTP), and Laboratory examinations are administered a week before the regular examination

Major examination schedule will proceed as indicated in the school calendar. Major examination for a particular subject is finalized after the faculty has conducted consultation with the class.

Students are expected to come on time during examination days. Consideration may be given to a student who arrives within the first 15 minutes provided that no other student has finished taking the exam.

Students who fail to take any of the 3 examinations may apply for a special examination which faculty members usually administer during the week immediately after the last day of the regular examination schedule.

If the student still fails to take the special examination on time, the professor/instructor may compute his/her grade with a 0.0 grade for the missed examination component.

A grade of 0.0 in the examination is given if a student is found guilty of cheating.

Request for Special Examination:
  1. Secure Request for Special Examination Form from Counter 1 after your subject professor agrees to administer special examination.
  2. Present fully-accomplished Request for Special Examination Form together with supporting documents (medical certificate, affidavit, etc.) for notation/recommendation to the subject professor.
  3. Acquire approval and signature of the College Dean.
  4. Pay the necessary fees at the Cashier.
  5. Submit the accomplished form and payment receipt to your subject professor to get the schedule of special examination.

Special Examination


A list of vacant rooms is released by the Office of the Registrar every term.  The academic community may also inquire for availability of rooms from the Faculty Attendance Checkers.

For make-up classes, fully accomplished make-up class forms (available at downloadable forms: www.dlsud.edu.ph/Registrar.htm) must be submitted to the Faculty Attendance Checkers three (3) days before actual schedule for proper monitoring. Phone calls regarding this matter will not be entertained.

For other activities, the organizer/s concerned must submit the fully accomplished Classroom Reservation Form to the Office of the Registrar 3 days before the actual date of activity.

Agencies or companies must first send a facsimile through our trunk lines: (02) 7795180 l (046) 4811900 local 3025, 3027 or 3117, send an e-mail to verification@dlsud.edu.ph or snail mail a verification letter addressed to:

The University Registrar
De La Salle University-Dasmariñas
Cavite 4115 Philippines

Verified documents may be claimed personally from the office or sent via e-mail. Either way, corresponding fees must be paid at the Cashier or through bank.

Class List / Class Size

The Class List available/uploaded in the faculty portal is in real time. Faculty members are required to double-check the class list and the students attending the class. Once the name of the student is not found, the student should be advised to proceed to the Office of the Registrar for verification.

The class size limits of DLSU-D are as follows:
  1. Lecture classes, maximum class size of 40.
  2. Speech classes, maximum class size of 40
  3. Laboratory Classes
    • Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maximum class size is 25.
    • COS computer, maximum class size is 25.
    • CIH laboratories, maximum size is 45.
    • Some programs have class size limits set by their respective CMOs (CHED Memorandum Order.)

Article 10 Section 50 of the 1992 MRPS states that the enrollment and class size in every subject of each private school shall be determined by the school taking into account the following:

  1. total absorption capacity of its facilities;
  2. the level of instruction;
  3. the nature of the subject; and
  4. such other factors as may be conducive to the teaching-learning process.

Checking of Faculty Attendance
  1. All communications on faculty attendance and examination schedule must be addressed to the Registrar and properly endorsed by the Department Chairs and College Deans.
  2. All communications or forms related to schedule of classes, make-up classes, holding of activities, and cancellation of classes due to official activities must be forwarded to the Faculty Attendance Checkers at least a day before the scheduled activity. Late communications will not be entertained.
  3. Filing of substitution form must be done within the day by the attendance checker and forwarded to the department concerned for the signature of the faculty substitute.
  4. The accomplished/signed substitution form is returned to the faculty checker for consolidation and is forwarded to the Accounting office for appropriate remuneration. 
  5. Make-up classes must not be scheduled on Saturdays (unless the same students have classes on said day) and during the examination week.
  6. Make-up classes for missed classes due to “no-faculty-assigned” reason must be handled only by the faculty to which this load is assigned.
  7. The organizers concerned must furnish the checkers copies of memos relative to students’ activities (which entail cancellation of classes) at least the day before the schedule.
  8. Holding of off-campus activity forms must be forwarded to the checkers at least a day before the schedule.
  9. In holding make-up classes, no 2 classes must be merged to maintain quality of instruction.
  10. Holding of activities such as film viewing, library work, or any extra-classroom activity is not credited in lieu of make-up class.

When holding research activities in the library in lieu of classes, faculty members should accomplish the Holding of Activities/Research Day in Lieu of Classes Form.


The Faculty Attendance Checker
  1. is authorized to dismiss a class if the faculty fails to come within the prescribed waiting time as follows:
    • after 15 minutes, in a 60-minute class
    • after 25 minutes, in a 90-minute class
    • after 35 minutes, in a 120-minute class
    • after 45 minutes, in a 180-minute class
  2. The faculty will also be marked “Absent” for failure to  come within the prescribed waiting time.
  3. marks a faculty “absent” even if he/she has been substituted by another faculty because the former did not meet the class himself/herself.  A faculty substitute is paid for his/her extra work so his/her tardiness is recorded against him/her.
  4. reports Early Dismissal with corresponding minutes, as specified in Article III, section 3.6.2 (Faculty Manual 2012).

Make-up classes for tardiness/early dismissal shall be based on the number of minutes reported by the Faculty Attendance Checker.


Reservation of Classrooms

A list of vacant rooms is released by the Office of the Registrar. Availability of rooms can also be inquired from the Faculty Attendance Checkers.

For make-up classes, fully-accomplished make-up class forms should be submitted to the Faculty Attendance Checkers three (3) days before actual schedule for proper monitoring. Phone calls regarding this matter will not be entertained.

For other activities, the organizer/s concerned should submit the fully-accomplished Classroom Reservation Form to the Office of the Registrar three (3) days before the actual date of activity.

Make-Up Classes

Make-up classes for tardiness/early dismissal shall be based on the number of minutes reported by the Faculty Attendance Checker.

    Guidelines on Substitution and Make-up Class

  1. If a faculty is on an approved leave of absence (i.e. sick/emergency/bereavement leave), a substitute faculty must be assigned to handle the class.
  2. If a faculty is sent to an official business (OB) and conducting an advance class is not possible, a substitute faculty must be assigned to handle the class.
  3. The substitute faculty shall be remunerated with his/her hourly rate. This does not apply to OB of coaches and trainers receiving honorarium and allowance from the University.
  4. If possible, only faculty with the same line of specialization as the absent faculty is allowed to become the substitute. If no faculty from the same line of specialization is available, a faculty from the same department may be assigned.
  5. The chair must assign the substitute. If no faculty is available for substitution, the chair/dean should attend to the class of the absent faculty.
  6. All substitution must be approved by the chair/dean.
  7. A faculty member shall conduct a make-up class if s/he fails to inform the chair of his/her absence at least an hour before the affected class and if there is no available faculty substitute.
  8. In case there is no available faculty substitute, make-up/advance classes must be conducted by the faculty members who will be on official business leave.
  9. Make-up classes must be conducted within the grading period/term)

Make up class through E-class

The faculty concerned must accomplish the make-up class form at least 2 days before the schedule. This is only allowed for faculty who was on official business where no faculty substitute was available.

E-class, as an alternative class, must also be filed 3 days before the actual date however this is only allowed to a maximum of six hours within the semester.

E-class or electronic class is a class designed to complement classroom-based courses. This is done in the DLSU-D Schoolbook, the University’s virtual learning environment tool that enriches learning experiences and strengthens student-teacher and student-student exchange beyond the classroom.

Enrollment Policy

A student is considered officially enrolled after making full or initial payment of tuition and other fees.

A registration confirmation slip printed from the online enrollment facility (OnE) may be used for payment in accredited payment centers and banks or at the University cashiers. Once the University officially acknowledges payment, which is technically termed “posting”, in the OnE, the student may print the Certificate of Registration (COR) Transaction 1.

Modification and registration of enrolled subjects will mean Transaction 2 or 3.

  • A student may only modify registration online if transaction 1 is complete, which means fees are already paid and such payment is already posted in OnE.
  • Students are allowed up to 3 transactions only. On a case to case basis, a student may request for a fourth transaction. He/she must fill out an Enrollment  Transaction  Request  Form indicating the reason/s. The request is subject to the University Registrar’s approval. Once approved, a corresponding fee shall be paid.
  • A student with unpaid balance or old account is not allowed to enroll if not cleared by the Accounting Office.
  • A foreign student will be put on-hold and will only be cleared upon presentation of certificate of eligibility to enroll.
Academic Load

Regular academic load per semester must not exceed the number of units prescribed in the approved curriculum. During the summer term, a student can enroll up to a maximum load of 9 units.


Graduating students may be given an overload not exceeding 6 units, in excess of the normal load specified in the curriculum during the regular semester and 3 units during the summer term. Student/s process the request for overload at the respective counters of records evaluators.

Curriculum Flowchart

Students maintain a curriculum flowchart where they record their grades every end of the semester and/or summer. An Online Curriculum flowchart is available once the student activates his/her DLSU-D Web Portal account.

  • Pre-requisite - a subject that must be taken ahead of another subject, e.g. ENGL100 must be taken ahead of all other English subjects.  On a case to case basis, a student may be allowed to simultaneously enroll in pre-requisite and advanced classes only when: the pre-requisite is a repeated subject, the student is graduating at the end of the school term, and is approved by the University Registrar.

  • Co-requisite - a subject that must be taken simultaneously with another subject even if grades are given separately, e.g. ARCH111 must be taken simultaneously with ARCH111L.

  • University requirement - subjects that must be taken by all Filipinos enrolled in the university (NSTP, PE, Intro).
National Service Training Program (NSTP)

All Filipino students are required to complete 6 units of National Service Training Program (NSTP). NSTP subjects should be completed at the end of first semester of the second curriculum.

Physical Education (PE)

All students are required to complete 8 units of Physical Education (PE) subjects until the end of second semester of the second curriculum year.


All freshmen and transferees are required to complete INTRO01 and INTRO02 during the first and second semesters, respectively.

Laboratory Subjects (Registrar’s Guidebook, CEAP p.41)

A maximum of 2 laboratory subjects per semester are allowed for five-unit subjects, while a maximum of 3 laboratory subjects are allowed for four-unit subjects. Laboratory subjects that are paired with an academic subject must be taken during the same semester as the academic subject even if separate grades are given to both.


A DLSU-D student is allowed to cross-enroll in another HEI only on the following conditions:

  1. The student is graduating during the current term.
  2. The subject to be cross enrolled is not offered in the University.
  3. The subject has the same description and number of units as that offered in another HEI.
  4. The HEI where the student will enroll is accredited and at par with the quality of education that the University is known for.

A student who wishes to cross-enroll in another HEI must seek the endorsement of the college dean and approval of the cross-enrollment permit from the University Registrar. The cross-enrollment slip must be properly filled out.

The Office of the Registrar and the Center for Student Admissions process the application for admission of cross enrollees. Application forms with incomplete requirements will not be processed.

Cross-Enrollment with HEI

Cross-enrollees are regular students from another HEI but are concurrently enrolled in some subjects in the University (CEAP Registrar’s Guidebook p.35).

A student from another HEI may be accepted for enrollment upon submission of an authorization/permit to cross enroll from the student’s home HEI. The permit must contain the specific information of the subject/s authorized for cross enrollment to other HEIs.

Cross-Enrollment Steps for Students from Another HEI

  1. Submit Permit to Cross-Enroll duly signed by the Registrar of the HEI to the Enrollment Committee. Counter 1 issues a referral slip.
  2. Secure, fill-out, and submit Student Information Sheet to get Student Number at Counter 1. Secure Advising Form and Enrollment Procedure.
  3. Present Certificate of Registration at Counter 18-A.

Cross-enrollees are subject to all the policies imposed by DLSU-D.

Petition Class

Students may petition for a subject to open based on the following reasons:

  • It is not offered in the current semester.
  • It is offered but all sections are closed.

Online Petition Class application

Through the student portal, the students may already post for a petition class in the provided link if subject to take can be searched (provided prerequisites are completed).

  • Specify the time and day. This can be viewed in the list of petition classes of every student portal where they can enlist.
  • Once the minimum number of students is satisfied, the chair of their respective units can approve the petition once a faculty is available.
  • The Office of the Registrar monitors these subject petitions and once approved by the department, available rooms will be assigned and the enlisted students may add the subject to their registration.

Shifting to Another Course/Curriculum

A student may be allowed to change or be recommended to change to another curriculum termed as shifting. Shifting is not allowed after the first semester (subject to college policy). A student is only allowed to shift to another course 3 times and must follow these procedures:

  1. Secure Shifting Form at Counter 1.
  2. Obtain GPA from the Records Evaluator.
  3. Acquire permission to shift and signatures from present college dean/associate dean.
  4. Request for evaluation of records from the receiving associate dean. If qualified and there is available slot, proceed to next step.
  5. Acquire approval and signature of receiving college dean.
  6. Submit Shifting Form and Advising Form at Counter 1.
Tutorial Class

A student who is graduating on his/her last term may file for a tutorial class on the following conditions:

  1. The subject to be enrolled is not offered in the current semester.
  2. If the subject is offered, it is either in conflict with his/her schedule or all sections are closed.

A maximum of 2 tutorial classes are allowed for graduating students to enroll in. The number of tutorial forms to be accomplished is based on the number of tutorial class to be enrolled. Tutorial forms are distributed by the Office of the Registrar during the enrollment period through the Records Evaluator.

The following are the steps for enrolling in a tutorial class:

  1. Fill out tutorial form and have it verified by the Records Evaluator.
  2. The schedule, room assignment, and signature of the faculty are required before the college dean/department chair signs the form.
  3. Present the Tutorial Form to the enrollment committee for Transaction 1; COR is required as attachment for Transaction 2 and more. Secure necessary signatures.
  4. Afterwards, submit the aforementioned documents to the Records Evaluator.
  5. The student distributes the copies to concerned offices.

Tutorial Class


A returnee or re-enrollee is a student who has filed a leave of absence as required in the Student Handbook. The returnee/re-enrollee must adopt the current curriculum in use unless there are still no graduates for the curriculum he/she had been using before. If he/she is graduating upon return, he/she continues completing his/her previous curriculum.

Transferee/Second Course-Taker

Transferees are students who moved from another higher educational institution (HEI) to DLSU-D. HEIs include technical and vocational schools regulated by TESDA.

Aside from the DLSU-D Admission Requirements, a transferee must submit Certificate of Eligibility for Transfer and/or Admission. This is also referred to as Certificate of Transfer, which signifies, among others, that the student is free from all financial and other accountabilities from previous HEI.

The Certificate of Eligibility for Transfer and/or Admission, which is issued only once, comes with a tear-off portion or return slip that is sent back to the originating school. Upon receipt of this tear-off portion, the originating school must forward the official Transcript of Records (TOR) marked “Copy for De La Salle University-Dasmarińas”. As a rule, the TOR is issued only once.

By convention, the True Copy of Grades is accepted for evaluation purposes only and not for formal transfer. The True Copy of Grades includes grades and units earned from all other previous HEIs (CEAP Registrar’s Guidebook p.34-35). A transferee must not have failing grades of more than 21 units, which is stipulated in the DLSU-D Student Handbook; at most in third year level in his chosen curriculum; and undergo a crediting process for the subjects taken.

College graduates applying for a second degree are subject to the same requirements for transferees. Only the general education requirements will be credited to the second course. The remaining subjects that need to be taken would be major subjects and those that are required by the university (e.g., REED, INTRO).

Online Enrollment

Online Enrollment Steps (Phase 1)

  1. Go to the DLSU-D website (www.dlsud.edu.ph)
  2. Click myDLSUD Portal.
  3. Click the button: Go to Log In Page.
  4. Enter your valid Portal Account (username and passcode).
  5. Click FEATURES. A drop-down list will appear.
  6. Sign in on OnE.

Online Enrollment Steps (Phase 2)

  1. Register subjects in OnE (usual registration process).
  2. Print Confirmation Receipt.
  3. Pay necessary fees through accredited banks, other payment centers, and online credit card payment in OnE. Official receipts may be claimed a week after at the Student Accounts Section. Payments are also accepted at the DLSU-D Cashier.
  4. Wait for payment to be posted within 2 working days after payment date.
  5. Print Certificate of Registration (COR).

First-Time Transferee Enrollment Steps

  1. Finalize subjects at the Department/Dean’s Office. Present final permit/clearance. Office evaluates/confirms registration, then makes changes in the pre-registered subjects, if any.
  2. Get COR from the Office of the Registrar.
  3. Pay necessary fees at the Cashier.
  4. Apply for ID and confirm enrollment at Counter 5.
Adding/Dropping of Subjects

Once the payment has been posted, the date and time will appear in the list of enrolled subject/s together with the number of transactions. The New Transaction link becomes available in the Online Enrollment page. When a student clicks on the New Transaction link, a student:

  • Can change schedule
  • Can add and drop subjects
  • Is allowed up to the third transaction only
Withdrawal of Enrollment

A student currently enrolled in the University who wishes to withdraw enrollment, effectively ending their status as matriculated students, must seek a dropping form from the Office of the Registrar. An appointment must be made with the class adviser to have an exit interview and to complete the required form.

“Claims for refunds are made according to the memorandum from the Commission on Higher Education. Also, refer to the Manual of Regulations for Private Schools Art. 13 Students Admissions, Sec 66. The student will be charged based on the total assessment using the following rates:

  • 10% If the student drops during the 1st week of classes
  • 20% If the student drops during the 2nd week of classes
  • 100% If the student drops after the 2nd week of classes

Leave of Absence

A student, who for any reason cannot enroll at any semester, should file a Leave of Absence (LOA) at the office of the college dean. Such leave of absence is good for a maximum of one year. If the student fails to enroll within the allowable period, his/her slot will be given to a student who wishes to be in the program.

A student may file a leave of absence (LOA) even after the deadline for dropping a course if the absence is due to serious illness, serious or debilitating accident, pregnancy, or serious financial losses of the family.

Such Leave of Absence should be approved by the dean, upon presentation of sufficient proof by the parents or guardian. 

Such parents or guardian should personally present the case to the college dean/associate dean.

The college dean/associate dean will provide a form to the parents or guardian.

Once the form is approved by the college dean, the parent or guardian shall accomplish the Dropping Form that can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar Window

Consequently,  the grade of “OD” (Officially Dropped) will be reflected in all the subjects for that given semester/summer.

A student who is officially under LOA is not allowed to enroll in any other degree program in any school or HEI.  A student may be granted a maximum of only two (2) LOAs (CEAP Registrar Manual 2009, p. 46).

Filing of LOA will be done until the end of the midterm period.  If a student does not file an LOA within the specified period, his/her status will be considered Absence Without Leave (AWOL).  AWOL students will be fined the amount of three hundred pesos (P300.00) upon their return. 

Retention Policy

A student who accumulates 24 academic units of failures at the end of the semester of any school year is considered ineligible to enroll in the succeeding semester. However, if there were only 48 academic units left before graduation, the student would still be allowed to enroll provided a deloading of three (3) academic units is made to allow for a better academic performance during the semester.

The corresponding units of subjects retaken and then passed with a grade of 2.00 or better shall be deducted from the accumulated units of failures. The failing mark however, will still appear in the official transcript of records.

Student Clearance

Student clearance is a strict requirement upon filing of request for school records, including diploma, at the Office of the Registrar. It is also a must for students to accomplish to clear him/herself of all administrative accountabilities and other financial obligations to the University.

All non-enrolled students, including graduates and non-graduates, and those withdrawing from the program or transferring to another HEI are required to complete the student clearance before they could request for any document.

Student Clearance

First Day of Classes

The faculty must only accept students whose names appear on the Official Class List. Otherwise, he/she must send the unlisted student to the Office of the Registrar immediately.

Only those who are officially enrolled will be allowed to attend classes.

Absence of a late enrollee will be excused; however, the student is responsible for lectures/lessons missed.

Approved Absences

An approved absence is an absence approved in writing by the college dean or the Office of the Student Services.

By the end of each semester, the academic performance of students are computed using the Absolute Grading System. Class activities like quizzes and major examinations are graded using the formula:  (Score/Total Items) X 100. Passing grade is at least 60%.

Grade Point Percentage
4.00                              98-100
3.75                              95-97
3.00                              86-88
2.75                              83-85
2.50                              80-82
1.75                              71-73
1.50                              68-70
1.25                             64-67
1.00                              60-63
0.00                              0-59

Online Submission of Grades

All faculty members should submit his/her grades online using the following procedure:

  1. Log on to MyDLSU-D Faculty Portal
  2. Click Online Submission of Grades Link
  3. Select features then click Grades
  4. Go to Online Submission of Grades Class Page
  5. Encode and review grades
  6. Decide on submission options
  7. Go to Class Page
  8. Download and print the received copy
Special Report of Grades

Faculty members who will submit the remarks “IN PROGRESS” in lieu of a grade is allowed only for On the Job Training (OJT), Graduate School Courses and under graduate research and thesis. The students are given at most one year to complete all the requirements after which a special report of grade should be accomplished by the faculty who handled the subject to give the final grade.

  1. The Special Report of Grades must be signed by the faculty and endorsed by the department chair and dean. The faculty submits the form together with the computation of grade to the Office of the Registrar for approval.
  2. The records verifier shall update the grades of the students in the database after the approval of the University Registrar.

Change of Grades

All subject grades are considered to be final and permanent. It is expected that subject faculty will determine and report final grades as accurate and precise as far as the evaluation of student performance and the grading system will permit.

Notwithstanding all precautions, faculty members can make error. When this occurs, the error should be corrected. The appropriate form must be completed and sent to the department chair together with the Minutes of Committee meeting who deliberated on the matter. The dean of the college where the subject was taught may approve/disapprove the request indicating in writing the reason/s why. Only the subject faculty can submit a grade change request to the Office of the Registrar.

    Procedure for Application for Change of Grades
  1. Faculty who handled the subject shall be the one to file the application for Change of Grades.
    • The Application for the Change of Grades must be signed by the faculty and endorsed by the Department Chair and Dean. The faculty submits the form to the Office of the Registrar for approval.
    • The records verifier shall update the grades of the students in the database after the approval of the University Registrar.
  2. Minutes of meeting of deliberation by the committee members (with their signatures) concerned shall be attached to the application for Change of Grades Form upon submission to the Office of the Registrar.  A uniform format shall be followed.
  3. A copy of the computation of grades, with signature of the concerned faculty member, should also be submitted together with the Change of Grade Form.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Only grades in academic courses are included in the computation of the semester Grade Point Average (GPA) or the cumulative Grade Point Average (cumGPA). The semester GPA refers to the average of grades in all academic courses taken at the university in a given semester whereas the cumGPA refers to the weighted average of grades from the first semester to the recently completed semester.

The GPA may be obtained through the following procedures:

  1. multiply the credit for each course by the corresponding grade point to get the equivalent points;
  2. add all the equivalent points to get the total; and
  3. divide the total equivalent points by the total number of credit units during the semester up to three decimal places, then, round off to two decimal places.


The GPA and the cumulative GPA are computed up to three (3) decimal places only. The third decimal place is automatically dropped after rounding off. No rounding off of numbers is allowed thereafter.

Courses Grade Points Credit Units Equivalent Points
SOCS106 3.25 3 9.75
MATH111 2.75 3 8.25
ENGL101K 3.50 3 10.50
SOSC102 3.00 3 9.00
PHLO103 2.50 3 7.50
FILI101 3.50 3 10.50
TOTAL 18 55.50

GPA = total grade points = 55.50 = 3.08
                          total credit inits         18

All college subjects enrolled and corresponding grades obtained by the student at DLSU-D or any postsecondary school shall be reflected in the official transcript of records. All grades shall be considered in the computation of the overall GPA.

If a student’s grade is not entered online by the professor/subject faculty to the Office of the Registrar because the student failed to take the final examination and/or accomplish other work/task prescribed for the course, his/her grade automatically becomes 0.00 two (2) weeks after the last day of the final special examination schedule.

Graduation Requirements

Graduation is the successful completion of a course study at a university, college, or school for which candidates receive a degree or diploma.

A student shall be recommended for graduation if requirements and other prerequisites prescribed for graduation are complied. Those are the following:

  1. all the subjects specified in the curriculum of the degree program garnered passing grades; and
  2. the student has formally applied for graduation.

The Office of the Registrar releases tentative lists of candidates for graduation with corresponding deficiencies of some candidates. First is 2 months after the last day of enrollment. The second and final release of candidates’ names are after Prelims.

Appeal for inclusion in the graduation rites must be 3 days after the deadline of online submission of grades for graduating students.

Graduation with Honors

Students who have maintained the required academic standards may be recommended by the Honors and Awards Committee for graduation with honors.

  1. In order to graduate with honors, students must not have grades below 3.0 in all academic subjects taken in and outside the university.
  2. They must have earned 75% of the total credits in the university. Therefore, a student in a four-year course must have enrolled in the school at least since his/her sophomore year to comply with this requirement. Students who took only the last two curriculum years in the school are not eligible for Latin Honors (Sarmiento, U; 2009).
  3. Grades in National Service Training Program and INTRO subjects are not considered in the computation of the GPA but should all be PASSED.

Cum Laude means “with distinction” and denotes a college student’s high scholastic achievement. The honor is indicated on the student’s degree/diploma. There are two other cum laude levels: magna cum laude or “with great distinction,” and summa cum laude or “with greatest distinction.” Latin honors are based solely on scholastic performance and should properly apply to graduates who are conferred with a formal college or post graduate degrees (Sarmiento,U;2009).

The Grade Point Average (GPA) of graduating students refers to the cumulative GPA. The following cumulative GPA requirements apply to students graduating with honors for degree courses:

Honors GPA
Summa Cum Laude 3.76 – 4.00
Magna Cum Laude 3.51 – 3.75
Cum Laude 3.26 – 3.50
For non-degree courses, graduating students who meet the requirements are given the following honors:
Honors GPA
With Excellent Distinction 3.76 – 4.00
With Marked Distinction 3.51 – 3.75
With Distinction 3.26 – 3.50

Criteria for Special Awards

Collegiate Recognition for Exemplary Academic Merit (CREAM) is given to graduating students who have maintained the required academic standards: no grade below 7.75, GPA must be within 3.26 or higher, and must have no record of suspension.

St. John Baptist de La Salle Award for Excellence in Leadership is given for notable and meritorious performance in academic and extra-curricular activities, management, and participation in relevant projects, and achievements during a student’s stay in the University.

Cultural Award is given to a graduating student who has exhibited exemplary performance in the field of Performing Arts; thus contributing immensely in the development of the consciousness in culture and the arts among the members of the community.

The Athlete of the Year award is given to a graduating student who has consistently shown excellent performance as Patriots, winning gold medals and accolades for the university.

Loyalty award is given to graduating students who finished elementary, secondary, and tertiary education from De La Salle or De La Salle supervised schools.

Golden Scroll Award is given to a College of Business Administration and Accountancy student with balanced academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular life in the university.

Golden Gear Award is given to a College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology graduating student who has good academic standing and GPA of not lower than 3.00.

Outstanding Dissertation and Thesis are selected based on significance, originality, usefulness in the discipline where it applies, coherence of the problem, and clarity. Dissertation or thesis defense is also an important factor in the selection.


BEFORE GRADUATION, candidates must:

  • Apply for graduation at the Office of the Registrar.
  • Secure graduation guidelines booklet at the same office.
  • Get toga at the designated toga station.
  • Secure graduation invites and entry cards at the Office of the Registrar.
  • Attend general rehearsals, baccalaureate mass, and special awards’ recognition.

REHEARSALS are necessary to ensure smooth flow of ceremonies including academic procession, right time to stand and sit, transferring of tassel, symbolic diploma acceptance, recessional, and others. Therefore, all candidates for graduation are required to attend the rehearsals. Failure to do would mean disqualification to attend the Graduation Rites.

INVITES AND ENTRY CARDS. Each candidate for graduation is entitled to 1 invite and 2 cards for companions’ entry to the Graduation Rites venue. Only those with entry cards and in appropriate attire will be allowed entry. Relatives (2 of them) of academic awardees are given ribbons for the reception committee to recognize and usher them to their reserved front seats. They do not need entry cards.

BACCALAUREATE MASS AND SPECIAL AWARDS’ RECOGNITION. The Baccalaureate Mass serves as a prelude to the graduation and the university’s way to bless the candidates’ path towards another beginning. All candidates for graduation must attend the mass. The Special Awards’ Recognition comes after, hence, everybody must not leave the venue until it is over. During the recognition, medals will be given for loyalty, outstanding dissertation/thesis, exemplary performance-collegiate level, outstanding in the field of culture and arts, and athletics.

GRADUATION RITES is a ceremony where formal conferment of academic degrees to candidates for graduation are conducted. Therefore, everybody must observe SOLEMNITY. Boisterousness and loud talk must be avoid. Nobody, but the reception committee, is allowed to approach the graduates while there ceremonies are ongoing.

CALL TIME. Candidates must come on time for the assembly, which is an hour before the academic procession. It is during this time that line-up of candidates for graduation for the procession is arranged by the reception committee. This arrangement matches the assigned seat per candidate in the venue, which helps in the smooth flow of the program. Therefore, must be followed. There must be no latecomers.

AWARDING. Those who are graduating with Latin Honors and recipient of Excellence in Leadership award will be given medals during graduation rites.

RECEIVING OF SYMBOLIC DIPLOMA. Calling of names who will come on stage for the symbolic diploma are done by for graduates at a time. As a sign of courtesy to the graduate whose name will be called last, those who have already been called must wait for the end of the ceremonies before leaving the venue.

ACADEMIC PROCESSION AND RECESSIONAL are important parts of the ceremonies, thus, graduates and other participants must maintain an orderly march.


The entrance at the lobby is open for parents and companions an hour before the academic procession. Once the procession starts, parents are expected to be seated, entrance will be closed and will re-open after the Philippine National Anthem.

Guards at the entrance are instructed to inspect bags and packages; everybody is requested to cooperate. Personal belongings must be attended to by owners. The University will not be responsible for any loss or damage.

The University shall exercise full authority within its premises and reserves the right to control, regulate, inspect, refuse entry to or prohibit any person as well as materials considered inimical to or which constitute violation of Philippine laws, and University rules and regulations.

Children below 7 years old are not allowed inside the venue.

GIFTS AND FLOWERS. Candidates are advised to pin corsage or wear garlands before going to the assembly area. Flowers and any form of gifts must not be given while the ceremonies are ongoing.

Honor Students
Candidates for Graduation
Deans/Associate Deans
University Officials
President and Commencement Speaker


  • Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited inside the graduation venue. Food and drinks must be surrendered at the lobby.
  • Companions or graduates are not allowed to take photos near the stage while the ceremonies are ongoing.
  • Everybody is advised to put their phone into silent mode.
  • Pets, firearms and any form of explosives, and harmful chemicals are not allowed inside.
  • Everybody must keep silent while inside the venue.


  • Toga and Cap with Tassel must be worn over Sunday dress (female) or long sleeves polo with tie and black pants (male) during Graduation Rites.
  • Long sleeves with tie, black pants, and black shoes for MEN during Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation Rites.
  • Sunday dress and black high-heeled shoes for LADIES during Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation Rites.

Counter 1

Counter 2

  • BSBA Business Operations and Management
  • BSBA Marketing Management
  • Night Class Programs
  • BS Hotel and Restaurant Management
  • BS Tourism Management l AB Broadcast Journalism 
  • AB Communication

Counter 3

  • Bachelor of Elementary Education
  • Bachelor of Physical Education
  • Bachelor of Secondary Education
  • BS Accountancy
  • BSBA Agribusiness Management
  • BS Entrepreneurship
  • BS Office Administration
  • BSBA Economics
  • BSBA Human Resource Development Management
  • BSBA Management Accounting
  • BS Applied Mathematics
  • BS Computer Science
  • BS Information Technology
  • Associate in Computer Science
  • Certificate in Teaching Program
  • Certificate in Physical Education
  • Certificate in Religious Education
  • Graduate Programs, College of Business Administration and Accountancy, College of Criminal Justice Education, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts and Communication, and College of Science and Computer Studies

Counter 4

  • BS Architecture
  • BS Civil Engineering
  • BS Computer Engineering
  • BS  Electrical Engineering
  • BS Electronics Engineering
  • BS Graphic Design and Multimedia
  • BS Industrial Engineering
  • BS Industrial Technology
  • BS Mechanical Engineering
  • BS Sanitary Engineering
  • Automotive Technology
  • Computer Technology
  • Electronics Technology
  • BS Biology major in Human Biology
  • BS Biology with concentration on Environmental Science
  • BS Medical Biology 
  • AB Community Development
  • AB Development Studies
  • AB Philosophy
  • AB Political Science
  • AB Psychology
  • BS Psychology
  • Graduate Programs, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology

Counter 5

Counter 6

Security of Student Records

This policy is established to ensure that accurate records of all students currently and previously enrolled in this institution are processed, compiled and maintained and to protect the confidentiality of all student records.

The Records Section of the Office of the Registrar secures the records of all students and covers the maintenance of student records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and replacing destroyed student jackets. The records are kept confidential and intact.

Each student has an individual file for his/her documents i.e., credentials from previous school/college, photocopy of birth/marriage certificate, copies of documents requested, clearance/s, registration form ,and other important documents.

The records personnel request for the Form 137-A from high school and Official Transcript of Records from the HEI previously attended by the student.

Student Forms Download
Application for Tutorial Class pdf
Clearance for Students pdf
Shifting Course pdf
Special Exam Request pdf
Advising pdf
Government Forms for Foreign Students Download
Citizenship retention & re-acquisition form for foreign students pdf
Personal history and Statement Form pdf
Visa Extension pdf
Faculty Forms Download
Major Exam Schedule pdf
Make-Up Class pdf
Faculty Substitution pdf
Swapping of Proctoring Schedule pdf
Cancellation of Major Examination Schedule pdf
Change of Schedule of Classes/Room Transfer Notice pdf
Holding of Activities in Lieu of Classes pdf
Classroom Reservation pdf
Application of Change of Grades pdf
Catch Up Activity Form pdf
Special Report of Grades pdf

Policies / Procedures Download
Online Major Exam Scheduling Procedure pdf

  1. Why is there a need to pre-register?
    Pre-registration gives the students opportunity for an easier and faster enrollment; classes are reserved for them.

  2. Why do I need to reserve slots?
    During enrollment, each class reaches the maximum number of students. The schedule you desire may be full by the time you enroll if he/she did not pre-register.

  3. What is a regular student?
    A regular student is one who is enrolled in the total number of units prescribed in the curriculum.

  4. When can I shift to another course?
    Freshmen are allowed to shift by the end of second semester. Upperclassmen may shift at the end of the current semester when grades are available.

  5. If I have doubts with my curriculum or my grades, where do I go?
    Assigned class adviser.

  6. One of my pre-registered subjects is gone, what happened to it?
    You might have failed the pre-requisite subject you have taken the previous semester or the faculty has not submitted your grade yet. Check your flowchart.

  7. I have already logged in on OnE, but I am unable to access the online registration, what do I do?
    These holds prevent you from enrolling in courses or viewing your grades but not from logging in. There are a number of reasons for your holds; each with a different way or office to address or clear it. You must resolve your hold with the office that initiated it. For example, if you have a balance on your tuition and other fees, you will need to pay it and clear your account from the Student Accounts Section in order to have this hold removed.

  8. My COR says I’m an APM11 student, what does it mean?
    APM11 is your progcode and sectcode. APM is the program code (progcode) for BS Applied Mathematics and 11 is the section code (sectcode) for freshman, section 1. All programs in the University have assigned progcodes. You can check the list on page 84-86 of this manual.

  9. I’m currently listed as a sophomore, but I should be listed as a junior, how do I change my class standing?
    You have to go to the Records Evaluator in charge of your program. For example, if you are a junior BS Biology student, go to Counter 4 of the Office of the Registrar. Your records will be reviewed before making any changes. You can check the list of programs and their corresponding Counters on page 82-83 of this manual.

  10. I currently belong to HUB21, but, I would like to transfer to HUB22, how do I go about it?
    Submit a letter of request to change section to the department where your program belongs. For example, if you are a BS Biology student, go to Biological Sciences Department.

  11. How can I confirm that I am officially enrolled in courses?
    You will be able to print your COR and your name will appear on your professor’s class list.

  12. My online registration shows Transaction 2, what is it?
    Transaction 2 is an updated version of your COR. This means you changed 1 or more of the subjects you previously registered in Transaction 1 or you added a subject or more. Every change of registration means additional transaction.

  13. Is there a limit to online enrollment transactions?
    Yes, maximum is 3. However, on a case to case basis, a fourth transaction may be allowed. You need to pay a specific amount of fee before you could proceed to Transaction 4.

  14. Why is it that I can view the subjects in OnE, but, I can not add it to my registration?
    Most of the time the reason is that particular subject is exclusive for other programs.

  15. For example, I want to enroll in ENGL102, but, I can’t search it. Why is it?
    There are 2 possible reasons: it’s either ENGL102 is not offered for enrollment or you did not pass ENGL101, which is a pre-requisite of ENGL102. Some subjects have pre-requisites. Students must pass these subjects before enrolling.

  16. How can I update my name?
    For name correction or change, submit a copy of PSA-certified birth certificate and supporting document to the Records Section (Counter 6). Proceed to the ID Section (Counter 5).

  17. Do I have to apply for graduation?
    Yes. You can get the application for graduation form from the Records Evaluator assigned to your program.

  18. Is there a graduation fee?
    Yes. Verify the amount at the Student Accounts Section.

  19. Do I have to pay the graduation fee if I will not attend the commencement ceremonies?

  20. When will I know if I am graduating with academic honors?
    You will be notified a week before graduation date by the Office of the Registrar.

  21. Do I need entry cards and/or invites during the Graduation Rites?
    Yes. These will be given to you right after the general rehearsal.

  22. If I anticipate graduating in the first semester or summer term, when is my commencement ceremonies?
    First Semester/Summer Term commencement ceremonies, if there is a schedule.

  23. May I delay my participation and walk in the second semester commencement ceremonies?
    No, if you are eligible to participate in the current commencement ceremonies.

  24. Who can request for a transcript of records (TOR)?
    Any current or former student at De La Salle University-Dasmariñas can request for a TOR through the Office of the Registrar Counter 1.

  25. Can I get an electronic version of my TOR?
    Electronic TORs are currently unavailable.

  26. Can I get an unofficial version of my TOR?
    No, but, you can view all your grades online using the Student Portal.

  27. How many TORs can I request?
    There is no limit.

  28. How long will you hold my TOR until I or my authorized representative pick it up?
    Six months from the scheduled release date.

  29. Can I request for TOR if there is a financial hold on my account?
    No. You must settle your financial obligation to the University before we can release your TOR.

  30. How do I get my diploma?
    You must be cleared of all accountabilities from the University before you can get your diploma. Get a clearance form at the Office of the Registrar Counter 1 or 6.

  31. I lost my original diploma, can I request for another copy?
    Yes. Submit an affidavit of loss to the Office of the Registrar Counter 1.

  32. How can my parents get access to my records online?
    Through the Parent Portal. To access, your parent must have an account, which can be acquired at the Information Technology and Communications Center (ICTC).

  33. How can I get data from the Office of the Registrar for my school project (or thesis)?
    Submit a Request for Data form at the Office of the Registrar Counter 1. It has to be signed by your class adviser, department head, and college dean.
For Faculty:
  1. What will I do if I already submitted the grades online, but, need to change the grade of a student?
    You must submit a Change of Grade form at the Office of the Registrar.

  2. I failed to encode the grades of my students online on the deadline for submission of grades, what I will do?
    Use the Special Report of Grades form to physically submit the grades of your students at the Office of the Registrar.

  3. One or more students attend my class, but, their names are not in my class list, what will I do?
    You must not allow them to continue attending your class. Send them immediately to the Office of the Registrar for verification.


Office of the University Registrar
Gregoria Montoya Hall
DLSU - Dasmariñas
Cavite, Philippines 4115

For questions and inquiries:
email the Registrar Secretariat

Cavite +63 (46) 481.1900 local 3025
Manila +63 (2) 779.5180