Foreign Students Applications
Foreign students who wish to apply for admission are required to consult with the liaison officer of the Registrar's Office regarding requirements of the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, and the Department of Foreign Affairs. They may also send a letter of inquiry to the Registrar's Office. Permanent aliens need to present a verified Alien Certificate of Registration. The registrar, based on the table of equivalence, evaluates the eligibility of Filipinos who graduated from schools abroad.
A foreign student applicant who does not speak English as a second language is required to take the proficiency test in English. After passing the proficiency test and/or the college entrance test, the applicant follows the procedure outlined for incoming local students.
For foreign applicants who are in the Philippines
Requirements For Change/Conversion of Status From Temporary Visitor To Foreign Student Visa:
1. Written endorsement from the school for the conversion of applicant's status to student on the school's official stationery signed by the school's Registrar and stamped with school's official dry seal
2. Original copy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school's official dry seal
3. Original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for Medicine and Dentistry students
4. Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student's accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses
5. Scholastic records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student's country of origin or legal residence
6. Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in the student's country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service post having consular jurisdiction over the place for student who resided in the Philippines for less than 59 days
However, for a student who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the said change/conversion of his admissions status, he shall also be required to submit the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
7. Quarantine Medical Clearance Certificate by the National Quarantine office
8. Copy of the student's Personal history Statement signed by the student with a 2 x 2 -inch photograph recently taken
9. Xerox copy of the photo, data and stamp of the latest arrival pages of the passport of the student. The passport itself shall be presented to the Registrar's Office of DLSU-D for verification.
For Foreign Applicants Who Are Still Abroad
Requirements For The Issuance of a 9(f) student Visa
(To be submitted in three (3) copies: Original and two (2) photocopies)
1. Notice of Acceptance (NOA) from the school containing a clear impression of the school's official dry seal, addressed to:
b) The Director
Visa Division-Office of Consular Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
2. Six (6) copies of the 1998 Revised Original Personal history Statement (PHS), duly accomplished and signed by the applicant in English and in national alphabet, accompanied by personal seal, if any, original left and right hand prints on PHS and original photos.
3. Transcript of records/scholastic records, duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the applicant's country of origin or legal residence. "SEEN and NOTED" stamp is not acceptable.
4. A notarized Affidavit of Support and proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for student's accommodation and subsistence school dues and other incidental expenses;
5. Xerox copy of Passport pages where name, photo, birthdate and birthplace appear; and
6. Certified true copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) for students of Dentistry and Medicine.
In addition to the documents submitted to the DFA, the student shall submit the following requirements to the Consular Officer at the Philippine Foreign Service Post upon notice of interview:
a. ORIGINAL copy of the school's Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school's dry seal, addressed to the student.
b. ORIGINAL copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by the CHED, if enrolled in courses or programs where restrictions may exist due to shortage of facilities, as in Medicine or Dentistry;
c. Police Clearance issued by the national police authorities in the student's country of origin or legal residence, authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place; and
d. Medical Health Certificate issued by an authorized physician including standard size chest x-ray.
For more information call the Registrar's Office at :
+63 (046) 416-4550,
416-4554 local 3027 or 3025
+63 (02) 844-7832 or
Forms/Procedures/Flowcharts for Foreign Applicants
| >track clearance for foreign student applicants
| >application form