Guidelines for Equipment Reservation
Effective SY 2011-2012
- Reservations should be made with the Laboratory Technician of the college.
- The policy of FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis is observed.
- The request should be filed at least 24 hours prior to the schedule of use.
- Duly accomplished forms should be submitted to the Laboratory Technician. In case the borrower is a student, the reservation form must be signed by the subject teacher.
- The requisitioner (student/faculty) is responsible for the care of the equipment.
- Upon receipt of the equipment, the borrower surrenders his/her ID.
- The Technician is not in charge of delivery and pick up of the equipment unless during exempting or justifying circumstances.
- The Borrower may claim his/her ID upon return of the equipment.
Monday to Thursday 7:45 am – 5:45 pm
Friday No reservation and borrowing of
Saturday 7:45 am – 4:45 pm
Lunch Break 12 pm – 1 pm
Reservation and use of equipment should be within the office hours. Borrowed equipment must be returned 15 minutes before office hours ends.
Procedures in Borrowing and Returning of Laboratory Equipment
- Student’s must attend and listen to the classroom instructions given by the subject professor.
- The Group Leader must secure and accomplish the apparatus requisition form from the college Laboratory Technician. (Only the equipment needed for the experiment is allowed to be borrowed).
- Check each apparatus for breakage/damage before receiving. Make sure that all equipment/apparatus indicated in the requisition form is complete before leaving the laboratory stockroom counter.
- Every member of the group is liable for the replacement of any loss/breakage/ damage of the apparatus and should replace it with the same brand and quality.
- Students are responsible for cleaning the apparatus and equipment used before returning it to the Laboratory Technician.
- Students may claim their requisition form upon the return of all the apparatus/ equipment borrowed.
- Students are not allowed to borrow chemicals.