Bahay Pag-asa Dasmariñas
Under the direct supervision of the College of Criminal Justice Education, the Bahay Pag-asa Dasmariñas is a transformation center for children in conflict with the law. Instead of detaining them in detention centers, these children will be cared for in a monastery-type center inside the 27-hectare campus of De La Salle University-Dasmariñas with the following objectives:
- Administer a holistic formation program for children in conflict with the law;
- Provide competent and committed legal assistance; and
- Implement a post-release program
The center will accommodate 15 to 17 year-old male children who were entrusted to
DLSU-D by the Family Courts in the Province of Cavite, Region IV-A and parts of Metro Manila through the Department of Social Welfare and Development focusing on the Bahay Pag-asa program for the protection of the youth-at-risk.
These youth are expected to take part in the following programs: Basic Education, Spiritual Formation and Values Education, Livelihood and Skills Training Program; Post Release Program – parent education, family counseling, home visits, job referrals and placement, scholarships, guardianship, hotline services, cooperative learning groups, legal assistance, peer support networking, entrepreneurial skills, and homecomings.
• Educational Tour/Outreach at New Bilibid Prisons
• Seminar on Drug Awarenes
• Offer the services on Background Investigation (BI)
• Offer the services on Lie Detector Test (unofficial only)
• Offer the services on Questioned Document Examination
• Offer the services on Fingerprint Investigation and Identification in Cases of Theft,
Robbery and others