The College conforms to the institutional policies for admitting freshmen. Particularly for BS Architecture, freshman applicants should pass the skills assessment interview that would be conducted by the Department Chair.
A student who intends to shift to any of the programs of the College should have a GPA of at least 80% (or 2.0 in the numerical grading system) and pass the interview and qualifying examination conducted by the Dean/Chair or his/her designate.
Applicants should pass the interview conducted by the Dean of the College and the college entrance test administered by the Institutional Testing and Evaluation Office, and meet other requirements that may be set by the college.
A transferee shall be placed on probation for one semester. If he/she performs well in academics and manifests satisfactory behavior, transferees would be considered “regular status” the following semester.
STANDARD POLICY AND REQUIREMENTS FOR SHIFTEES AND TRANFEREES
A shiftee/transferee from other colleges and/or universities may be qualified for admission to any of the programs offered by the Engineering Department of the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology provided that:
- There is an available slot.
- He is of good moral character.
- He has not taken more than 50% of the total number of units of his respective course from another college.
- He should have at least a GPA of 2.00 or its equivalent from other universities.
- He should pass the interview and the qualifying examination conducted by the respective program coordinator.
- He should pass the college entrance test administered by the Institutional Testing and Evaluation Office.
- He should be placed under the PROBATIONARY STATUS for one year. A waiver provided by the CEAT should be signed by the student and his/her guardian prior to enrolment.
CREDITING OF SUBJECTS
All major subjects taken from other universities with the same number of units and description with the program offered by CEAT will be credited provided that the university from which they have enrolled to is at least a Level 2 accredited school.
Major subjects taken from a non-level 2 accredited schools will be credited only if the transferee passed the verifying examination given by respective program coordinator for each major subject to be credited.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
A student who could not enroll in the current semester should file a leave of absence with the Office of the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology. The application for LOA must be endorsed to the respective program coordinator and the Department Chair by the respective adviser.
A student who failed to file a leave of absence will be given PROBATIONARY STATUS for one year upon his return; that is if there is still an available slot.
Direct line: (046) 686-3573
Trunk lines: (046) 416-4531
local 3049 or 3074