General Admission Policies
- Submit two copies of all requirements below.
- Pass an interview to be conducted by the COEd Graduate Studies Director and/or the Dean of the College of Education or his/her representative.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 or its equivalent in the undergraduate course for application in the master’s degree and 3.00 or its equivalent in the master’s degree for application in the doctoral program. A student who has obtained a GPA lower than 2.50 for master’s degree or 3.00 for a doctoral program may be allowed to enroll on probationary status for two semesters/terms or upon the recommendation of the COEd Graduate Studies Director to the Dean. However, he/she has to maintain a passing GPA in two (2) successive semesters after his/her admission in a graduate program.
- Pass the Graduate Admission Examination (aptitude and psychological) for the respective courses. If he/she is a De La Salle Philippines school alumni, faculty or employees, he/she is exempted from taking the test.
- Check with the office of the COEd Graduate Studies Director the entrance examination results two (2) weeks after the examination date or when asked to do so.
- Sign a waiver for a conditional admission to the program if the entrance examination results are below average.
- Filled out Application Form
- Transcript of Records with Special Order (S.O.)
- Four latest passport size pictures with white background
- Photocopy of college diploma-for masteral applicants; and both college and master’s degree diplomas for doctoral applicants
- Birth Certificate-NSO-original
- Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants)-NSO-original
- Recommendation Letters from two individual personalities
- Certificate of Employment and Permit to Study (from present employer)
- Business Permit (if self-employed)
Requirements for Foreign Students
The foreign student applicant must:
- Pass all the admission requirements given by the Student Admissions Office (SADO) and the Office of the University Registrar.
- Pay to the University’s Accounting Office the admission fee of $500 (for both permanent resident alien and transient alien).
- Pass the English proficiency test.
Items 1-3: Certificate in Teaching Program applicants / 1-9: for graduate student-applicants
- Non-DLSU-D applicants will be referred to the SAdO/Testing Office for the schedule of Entrance/Psychological Test.
- A student-applicant must complete all the requirements indicated above in two copies – one original and one photocopy.
- The ORIGINAL COPY of the requirements should be submitted first to SAdO before the Student Number will be given to the new student together with his/her academic folder. These requirements will be placed inside the Student Jacket to be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office for filing/safekeeping.
- The PHOTOCOPY of all the requirements, including the application form, submitted to SAdO will be put inside the academic folder to be passed to the concerned department (Professional Education Dept. for CTP and COEd GS Office) for filing.
- A student can proceed to the actual enrolment procedure upon COMPLETION of ALL REQUIREMENTS.
Effectivity: 1st Semester SY 2011-2012