FRESHMEN applicants for admission in any COS undergraduate programs must have:
* satisfactorily completed their secondary education
* passed the DLSUD Student Admission Test (SAT) and met the stanine cut-off score required by the program.
For Shiftees. A student from another course who intends to shift to the BS Applied Math program should:
* Have a GPA of at least 1.50 and no grade lower than 1.75 in any Math subject
* Have no failing grade in any academic subjects that maybe credited in the program
* Have passed the interview conducted by the COS Associate Dean
Transferees. A student from other school/university may be accepted in the program as transferee provided:
* Passed the DLSUD SAT and met the stanine cut-off score required for the program
* Have a GPA of at least 80% or 2.00 (or its equivalent) whichever is applicable
* Passed the interview conducted by the COS Associate Dean
* Submitted the following:
* Recommendation letters from two (2) previous professors
* Certificate of good moral character
* Transcript of records from the previous school
for BCS, BIT, HUB, ENV and APM programs
A student who accumulates 24 academic units of failures at the end of the semester of any school year is considered ineligible to enroll in the succeeding semester. However, if there were only 48 academic units left before graduation, the student would still be allowed to enroll provided a de-loading of three (3) academic units is made to allow for a better academic performance during the semester.
The corresponding units of subjects retaken and then passed with a grade of 2.00 or better shall be deducted from the accumulated units of failures. The failing mark, however, will still appear in the official Transcript of Records.
Excerpts from Student Handbook SY 2010-2014, Section 10, p. 43
RETENTION POLICY for MEB program
A. Grade requirement
With a GPA of 2.5 and minimum grade of 2.0 in all Biology major subjects taken per semester.
B. Disqualification from the Program
A GPA below 2.50 or a grade lower than 2.00 in any Biology major subject means disqualification from the program. A disqualified student may shift to any COS program after one semester, and to any non-COS program after one year of residency.
Applicable only during the first 3 years of the program under the College of Science, DLSUD.
D. Acceptance to Medicine Proper
A student is eligible to enroll as 4th year in the program (at the College of Medicine, HSI) only after completion of all the requirements for the first 3 years under the BS Medical Biology (Accelerated/Straight MD Program).