Recipients of your Donation
One La Salle Scholarship Fund. The target by 2011 is to give full scholarship or financial assistance to one in every five full-time student enrolled. Today 12 percent or around 1,400 students are beneficiaries of our various scholarship or financial assistance programs. Moreover, the University was recently awarded by the Philippines Commission on Higher Education as the institution with the Best Scholarship Program in the country.
- A Gift of P 100,000 ($ 2,200) supports the education of a student for one school year.
- A Gift of P 500,000 ($ 11,100) will establish a permanent scholarship (in a name of your choice) that is awarded every year. The donation can be made in installments over a number of years to our One La Salle Student Scholarship Endowment Fund. We will only use the interest to support the educational needs of a student each year.
- Other cash donations (in any amount) will also go to the Student Scholarship Endowment Fund or may be used for the particular semester.
Bahay Pag-asa Dasmarinas (House of Hope). A 5,000 square meter facility that will nurture and form youth offenders and children-in-conflict with the law is set to open on campus in June 2010. The building is envisioned to be a wellspring of opportunity for transforming youth at risk to become well-adjusted, responsible, educated and confident individuals.
- Half of the total cost to complete the structure have been raised or committed already by corporate partners and benefactors of the University. The remaining balance of P 20,000,000 ($ 444,444), is needed to help complete the facility. Donors can help transform the lives of youth-at-risk by supporting the completion of the various rooms and facilities of the center.
Brother Andrew Gonzalez Building (Ayuntamiento De Gonzalez). In honor and in memory of Brother Andrew Gonzalez, FSC the University is constructing the Ayuntamiento De Gonzalez. This two-storey 4,000 square meter structure will house key administrative and student servicing units. To honor the life and dedication of Brother Andrew to the Lasallian family in the Philippines, friends and benefactors are invited to make a specific contribution to the completion of the building.
- There is a need for P 40,000,000 ($ 888,888) to complete its construction. Donors can help complete the Ayuntamiento De Gonzalez by contributing any amount. Naming Rights opportunities are also available.
Science and Engineering Laboratory Upgrade. DLSU-D wants to continue to be the premier private research and teaching University in the CALABARZON region. We want to strengthen our students, academic and research faculty by providing them with instructional and research activities and opportunities for them to learn and share their knowledge and expertise. The University wants to produce cutting edge environmental, sociological and applied sciences research that would contribute to the growth and development of the province and the region.
- There is a P 10,000,000 ($222,222) need to provide upgraded laboratory equipment and to support student research. Donors can help DLSU-D become a research university by contributing any amount to this fund.
Education of Priests, Catechists and Church Workers in the Diocese of Imus, Cavite. As Pope Benedict XVI recently said, “Education is integral in the mission of the Church to proclaim the Good News… No child should be denied his or her right to an education in faith, which in turn nurtures the soul of a nation.” The clergy of the Diocese deserves support in terms of continuing education. There is a great need to support their training and development in order to prepare them for their ministry to God’s people and service to the Church.
- The total cost for 40 church workers who are studying in the University is P 1,600,000. The University seeks P 800,000 ($17,777) in grants to supplement the anticipated contribution from school operating funds. Donors can help to educate Church Workers in the Diocese of Imus by contributing any amount to this fund.
- A grant of P 40,000 ($ 888) will support the educational needs of one Church Worker for a year.
Continuing Education for Public School Teachers. We want to help improve the quality of instruction in our public school. We can achieve this by providing professional development training to our public school teachers.
- In order to support the education of 40 public school teachers who will take a diploma or graduate course in the University for a year P 2,000,000 ($ 44,444) is needed. Donors can help upgrade the quality of teaching in our public elementary and secondary schools through the continuing education of our educators by contributing any amount to this fund.
- A grant of P 50,000 ($11,111) will support the educational needs of one public school teacher for a year.
Faculty Research and Publication Grants. The University seeks to strengthen its ability to conduct research and to disseminate its results to the scientific community, policy makers and the general public. This includes the offering of our faculty and facilities as wellsprings for the conduct of relevant and meaningful research and the affording of opportunities for our faculty and students to make presentations in various international conferences and meetings.
- Funding of P 500,000 ($ 11,111) is needed to enable a student or faculty researcher or team to conduct basic or applied research and to enable them to apply for publication and make a presentation in a conference. Donors can help promote a research culture in the university by contributing any amount to this fund.