The Cavite Studies Center pursues the DLSU-D’s vision-mission of “undertaking research focusing on Cavite history and culture.” Through careful planning, it endeavors to produce quality research outputs on local history and to highlight the role of Cavite in national history.
The Center also aims to provide the community with credible results from its archival and cultural research for the benefit of interested scholars and students.
The Center is committed to provide a focus for undergraduate and graduate studies on local history by coordinating the efforts of student researchers, facilitate the interdisciplinary collaboration by promoting inter-departmental and cross faculty studies to increase the range of possibilities for research interaction leading to the development of novel directions in research, and provide maximum supervision by setting up structures and procedures.
- Acquire materials, in any format, on Cavite and its environ through photo duplication, purchase, gift, loan and donation;
- Promote awareness and interest in Cavite history and culture by sponsoring events inside and outside the university;
- Formulate programs involving the faculty and students in conducting research/studies on Cavite; and,
- Establish and maintain linkages with local, national and foreign agencies and institutions.
The Cavite Studies Center is located at the Severino Lapidario Boardroom, second floor, Aklatang Emilio Aguinaldo.
MS. TERESITA P.UNABIA
Director, Cavite Studies Center
Mylene B. Delatado
Tel. Nos. 844-9116 (Manila Line)/ (046) 416-4531/4533 local 3141
(046) 416-0338 416-3878 416-4531 4164542 4164554 TO 56 416-4566