The Visual & Performing Arts Production Unit, which is supervised by the Cultural Arts Office andwas established in 1996, is a multifaceted arts organization specializing in events, production and stage management and lighting and set design and techniques. The group is also into visual, graphic and digital arts.
VPAPU manages minor and major productions of the various organizations in the Performing Arts Group. The group also handles institutional, provincial, regional, national and even international events.
At present, VPAPU, with 27 full-pledged members, seeks to pursue its service by helping promote culture and the arts inside and outside the Lasallian community.
VPAPU’s production programmes can be categorized into these major platforms:
Production Design: VPAPU is the only professionally trained organization in the realm of stage management, lighting design and set design and techniques. Members are mentored by internationally renowned theater designers.
Community Service/ Outreach: Featuring free events, free shows, and free workshops for students and out-of-school youths, VPAPU’s outreach activities are aimed at the group’s commitment in community building and sharing its vision and mission.
Art Gallery: VPAPU exhibits works of members and other artists in a yearly event called OBRA, showcasing diverse genre of art.
Achievements: 4- time Performing Arts Group of the Year
OBRA Art Gallery
Adviser/Trainer : Mr. Eric Judar
Regular Meeting : Wednesdays
- Set Design
- Lighting Design and production assistance for lights
- Rentals (VPAPU properties such as lights, cloth, ply boards, etc.)
- Full- Production in events, stage plays, etc.
*In line with this, the group requests for a certificate of recognition/ appreciation for every production from the requisitioner. Thank you.
Contact: MR. JOEL REFUERZO
Coordinator, Cultural Arts Office
(046) 416-4531 loc. 3045
- Must be a bona fide student of the university
- Must be willing to learn, hard working, dedicated and flexible
- Must present the following:
- Accomplished application form
- Medical Certificate
- Two (2) copies of 2x2 colored picture
- Parental Consent
- Photocopy of registration form (freshmen)
- Report of grades of last semester & registration form (sophomore & juniors)
- 25 – 100% tuition fee discount
- Excused from PHED 103 &104
- Excused from NSTP 102