A certain number of research projects may be funded by the URO under the DLSU-D Research Program for every school year. These are the basic guidelines for those who wish to apply for funding:
- Colleges with graduate studies shall have six slots each while colleges without graduate studies as well as the sector of faculty without teaching assignments shall have five slots.
- The slots are available to be used for regular, commissioned and multi-disciplinary research projects.
- A multi-disciplinary research will take half slot from each of the colleges or sector where the proponents belong.
- Unused slots will be forfeited and shall not be added to the number of slots available in the following school year.
- For the second semester, a college, through a written communication addressed to URO, may let other colleges/sector use the slots that they do not intend to use. The written communication must be submitted to URO one month on or before August 31 of every school year.
- Colleges with unused slots will have a one-slot deduction in the following school year.
DLSU-D also offers subsidies for journal publication and paper presentations who comply with the URO criteria. This is part of the university's commitment to promote a research culture in DLSU-D and encourage members of the DLSU-D community to partake in meaningful and innovative research projects.
To learn about the qualifications, screening procedures and approval process of research proposals submitted to the URO, view the URO Research Manual by accessing your myDLSUD portal.