As part of the University’s commitment to adopt sustainability practices in all aspects of its operations, the Campus Sustainability Office was created in 2021 to set the direction for the short and long term plans and strategies for the green architecture sustainability of DLSU-D.
The office, headed by the Campus Sustainability Office director, will oversee the implementation, monitoring and review of green architecture programs, ensuring that buildings and other structures blend with the campus’ green architecture and environment friendly theme, creating visually appealing designs and landscape with the least impact on the natural environment of the university, coordinating with offices concerned with the management and maintenance of possible tourism venues on campus.
The Campus Sustainability Office will also assume the responsibilities of the former Environmental Resource Management Office to initiate, implement, supervise and evaluate the University’s programs and policies and its compliance to national government standards in relation to environmental management and safety, pollution control and disaster risk reduction.
Among the environmental management functions of the Campus Sustainability Office include:
- Coordinates, supervises and monitors environmental programs of the university and all its related activities.
- Initiates and develops environmental projects to be participated in by the different sectors of the university.
- Conducts information dissemination/campaigns, training and advocacy to all sectors of the university and community in coordination with the Lasallian Community Development Center (LCDC).
- Establishes linkages together with the LCDC with government as well as non- governmental organizations for environmental community projects and activities.
- Enacts institutional laws and policies with regard to all environmental concerns of the university.
- Creates a venue for the establishment of a network for environmental protection and conservation.
- Creates a better appreciation and practice of ecological resource management through promotion of environmental concerns/literacy among the academic sector.