Qualified International Student
- At least 18 years old;
- Below 18, must be represented by a legitimate guardian in the Philippines;
- Owing allegiance to a country other than the Philippines;
- Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and incidental expenses
- Must not have more than 24 units (7 regular subjects) failure during residency as student of DLSU-D.
Legal Requirements for International Student’s Admission
- Must have passed both the Admissions Test and Language Proficiency Test (LPT);
- The following must be completed/submitted to ISO upon admission:
- Photocopy of Passport (unexpired);
- Photocopy of VISA (unexpired);
- Duly filled-out Recommendation for International Student Admission Form;
- Interview with ISO Personnel
Legal Requirements to Stay as an International Student
- S9(f) or Student Visa – for 18 years old and above
- S9(a) or Tourist Visa with SSP (Special Study Permit) – for less than 18 years old
Who are exempted from securing Student Visa and SSP?
- Spouses and unmarried dependent children below 21 years old of aliens under the following categories:
- Permanent foreign residents;
- Aliens with valid working permits under Section 9(d), 9(g), and 47(a)(2);
- Personnel of foreign diplomatic and consular missions residing in the Philippines and their dependents;
- Personnel of duly accredited international organizations residing in the Philippines and their dependents;
- Holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV) and Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV); and
- Foreign students coming to the Philippines with 47(a)(2) visas issued pursuant to existing laws.
SSP, Student VISA extension or conversion and updated VISA must be processed/ submitted within one month after the enrollment pursuant to E.O. No. 285 and IAFS Memorandum Order No. 01 (Series of 2000).
ACR or I-Card must be immediately renewed after applying for VISA extension/conversion; and a photocopy of renewed I-card or ACR must be submitted to ISO.
- Penalty for failure to secure a valid VISA to study
- A foreign student shall receive a Notice of Enrollment Cancellation and this may serve as a ground for non-enrollment in the succeeding semesters.
Special Subjects for Foreign Students
- Special Filipino, Social Science and REED subjects are available every semester for Foreign Students enrolled at DLSU-D.
- Exemption from National Service Training Program (NSTP)
- Foreign students enrolled at DLSU-D are exempted from NSTP.
- Failure or dropping of 6 or more units is not allowed by the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation; thus, this will result to an appeal to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- This will result in a longer processing of VISA or cancellation of application.
- Students are advised not to have failing grades or to drop subjects if not necessary.
- There should only be one declared nationality upon admission.
- ISO shall not entertain any shifting or changing of nationality during the students’ stay in the University.