Qualified International Student
- At least 18 years old;
- Below 18, must be represented by a legitimate guardian in the Philippines;
- Owing allegiance to a country other than the Philippines;
- Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and incidental expenses
- Must not have more than 24 units (7 regular subjects) failure during residency as student of DLSU-D.
Legal Requirements for International Student’s Admission
- Must have passed both the Admissions Test and Language Proficiency Test (LPT);
- The following must be completed/submitted to ISO upon admission:
- Photocopy of Passport (unexpired);
- Photocopy of VISA (unexpired);
- Duly filled-out Recommendation for International Student Admission Form;
- Interview with ISO Personnel
Legal Requirements to Stay as an International Student
- S9(f) or Student Visa – for 18 years old and above
- S9(a) or Tourist Visa with SSP (Special Study Permit) – for less than 18 years old
Note: The school representative from ISO will be the one to process the application of the Student Visa and SSP at the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation pursuant to E.O. No. 285 given that all requirements are submitted by the students to ISO.
Who are exempted from securing Student Visa and SSP?
- Spouses and unmarried dependent children below 21 years old of aliens under the following categories:
- Permanent foreign residents;
- Aliens with valid working permits under Section 9(d), 9(g), and 47(a)(2);
- Personnel of foreign diplomatic and consular missions residing in the Philippines and their dependents;
- Personnel of duly accredited international organizations residing in the Philippines and their dependents;
- Holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV) and Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV); and
- Foreign students coming to the Philippines with 47(a)(2) visas issued pursuant to existing laws.
SSP, Student VISA extension or conversion and updated VISA must be processed/ submitted within one month after the enrollment pursuant to E.O. No. 285 and IAFS Memorandum Order No. 01 (Series of 2000).
ACR or I-Card must be immediately renewed after applying for VISA extension/conversion; and a photocopy of renewed I-card or ACR must be submitted to ISO.
- Penalty for failure to secure a valid VISA to study
- A foreign student shall receive a Notice of Enrollment Cancellation and this may serve as a ground for non-enrollment in the succeeding semesters.
Special Subjects for Foreign Students
- Special Filipino, Social Science and REED subjects are available every semester for Foreign Students enrolled at DLSU-D.
- Exemption from National Service Training Program (NSTP)
- Foreign students enrolled at DLSU-D are exempted from NSTP.
- Failure or dropping of 6 or more units is not allowed by the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation; thus, this will result to an appeal to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- This will result in a longer processing of VISA or cancellation of application.
- Students are advised not to have failing grades or to drop subjects if not necessary.
- There should only be one declared nationality upon admission.
- ISO shall not entertain any shifting or changing of nationality during the students’ stay in the University.