The DLSU-D Stallions from the College of Engineering Architecture and Technology brought pride to the country by becoming the top university in the Philippines for the Prototype Battery Electric Category of the Shell Eco-Marathon 2018.
Overall, the Stallions (Agimat) landed in the 15th spot among all the Asian participants, as it passed 10 out of 12 criteria for the category. Among the members of the team were:
- Jeruz Gabriel Madlangbayan – Mechanical Engineering
- Chelsea Mae Briones – Mechanical Engineering
- Jonas Allen Balajadia - Mechanical Engineering
- John Martin Celorico - Mechanical Engineering
- Paulo Miguel Naty – Mechnical Engineering
- John Angelo Olayvar – Mechanical Engineering
- Francis Geneseth Lingatong – Industrial Technology (Electronics)
- Renzel Punongbayan – Industrial Technology (Electronics)
- Lucky Christian Lucena – Mechanical Engineering
- Christien Matt Ramos – Mechanical Engineering
- Edilberto Ejay Buado – Mechanical Engineering
They were accompanied by faculty advisers Mr. Ferdinand Osorio and Engr. Wilfredo Vidal.
The Shell Eco Marathon is an annual event sponsored by the gasoline company to encourage students to design, build and test energy efficient cars towards achieving maximum fuel efficiency and sustainability. The event was held in Singapore from March 8-11, 2018.