UPDATE: The scheduled LS Festival 2020 celebration is postponed for the time being. The committee is looking at the possibility of holding it in May. Please wait for further announcement regarding this matter.
As De La Salle University-Dasmarinas prepares for the celebration of the Lasallian Festival from March 19-21 with the theme #LSFWeGotU: Coming together for the Lasallian mission, the organizers have launched two major contests to underscore the message of effecting a positive impact not just for the beneficiaries but among the deliverers of the mission as well.
Among these contests are the LSF 2020 Logo Making Contest and the #LSFWeGotU: Photo Documentation Contest.
LSF 2020 Contests
Guidelines and Mechanics
- Theme: #LSFwegotU: Coming together for the Lasallian mission
- The competition is open to individual entries from students, parents, alumni, staff, ASP, and faculty of DLSU-D. Group entries will not be accepted.
- The elements and colors of the logo must embody the spirit of the event.
- The logo design must be adaptable for use in both print and electronic media.
- The logo design must not be similar to other existing logos.
- Each design submitted must have a version in a) color, and b) black and white line art or grayscale.
- The designer must consider that the logo design has to register even in its smallest application (ex. letterhead).
- Each design submitted must include a brief rationale and a description of the elements used and what they stand for.
- Designs must be submitted in JPEG or PDF format.
- Entries should be submitted through email firstname.lastname@example.org with the designer's name, age, address and contact information.
- All entries must be received no later than March 13.
- The names of the designer of the winning entry will be announced on March 19 during the LSF opening program
- The winning entry will receive Php 5,000.00
- The winner will be asked to provide the original file used to create the image in color, black and white or grayscale.
- Winning design must be ready to submit PSD or Photoshop files.
- All submitted entries shall become the exclusive property of the 2020 LSF Committee, which may exercise all rights of ownership over them.
- By submitting his/her entry, the logo design immediately and voluntarily waives and relinquishes all rights to his/her entry including artistic, moral and economic rights.
Guidelines and Mechanics
- Deadline of submission of entries: March 21,2020, at 7:00 pm.
- The photography contest is open to all students, alumni, staff, ASP, parents, and faculty of DLSU-D.
- Photos should capture the essence of the festival theme: "#LSFWeGotU: Coming together for the Lasallian mission" at its best.
- It must have been shot during the 3 day-celebration and inside the campus. (March 19-21,2020).
- For a photo in which a person is recognizable, the photographer is responsible for securing permission from that person or, in the case of a minor, from the subject's parent or guardian.
- The following photographs are disqualified:
- Photographs that are digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered for creative purposes.
- Photographs that have been submitted to or won in any other contests or have been published in print or online.
- Photos that violate another person's rights.
- Photos that are highly immoral, relatively obscene and/or in violation of public moral and/or public policy.
- Relevance to the Theme 25%
- Creativity 50%
- Overall Impact 25%
- First Prize: Php5,000.00
- Second Prize: Php4,000.00
- Third Prize: Php3,000.00
- Consolation prizes: P1, 000.00 each for the other seven entries in the ten chosen photos.