To become one of the leading institutions nationally and globally, it is imperative that a university like De La Salle University-Dasmariñas establishes linkages with a network of universities and institutions here and abroad. The establishment of academic linkages, in particular, “can provide a base for long-term institutional cooperation, improve the quality of specific departments, enhance research output, and contribute to a mutual understanding that extends far beyond the boundaries of the involved institutions” (Weber State University).
Presently, the University Linkages Office (ULO) is expected to cover more networks of local and international universities along with other non-academic institutions to further instruction, research and other academic functions. Fundamentally, this undertaking is a shared responsibility among colleges, hence, it involves stakeholders in planning and developing strategies for the purpose. Correspondingly, each college also deserves equal exposure to opportunities in linking.
To achieve this, the unit assures that the needs of each college are duly addressed in the performance of its functions by providing information and soliciting feedback from its constituents. However, due to the diversity of the academic community, in certain cases, the linkage needs are not appropriately addressed and the opportunities are not equal. It is in this respect that this unit proposed the creation the University Linkage Committee (ULC).
The committee shall be a venue for discussion of linkage concerns and refer contacts from local and international institutions, agencies, organizations; monitor and evaluate current linkages of the university; update the university on the onoing linkage negotiations, create & recommend guidelines in making linkages, and provide a venue for discussion of internationalization of the university.
Composition And Function
Chair: Director, University Linkages Office
- Chairs ULC
- Orients the members regarding creating linkages
- Provides initial guidelines for linking
- Reports to ULC current developments in making international linkages
- Refers prospective linkages to ULC
- College representatives (ATF) Academic Service Faculty Representatives (under OVCAR, OVCMEAD, OVCFAS) URO
- Accreditation Office
- Admissions Office
- Registrar’s Office
- Attend scheduled meetings of ULC
- Report to respective college council/offices the linkage activities of the university.
- Report to ULC the following:
- Linkage activities of the college/academic service units
- Feedback from the college/respective academic service units about linkage activities of the university
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of linkage agreements
- Contribute to the development of the university linkage guidelines
- Refer prospective linkages