This category of DLSU-D Gawad Caviteño seeks to recognize servant-leaders from Cavite who are role models for dedication, compassion, leadership, and service as they take an active role in uplifting the quality of life of the people in their community. This award is a symbol of gratitude for these servant-leaders' dedication and active role in the process of nation-building.
Who are qualified to be nominated for Gawad Caviteño? The candidates eligible for nomination should meet the following criteria and provide the supporting documents required.
- Of Filipino origin and a native of Cavite.
- Also qualified are those born in Cavite who now lives outside the province or elsewhere in the Philippines or abroad, or a Caviteño/Caviteña by affinity or by migration. There is no residence requirement.
- Not related either by affinity or consanguinity to the first degree to employees of DLSU-Dasmariñas
- Has not been awarded any national or international recognitions.
- Must have exemplary morality and integrity in both public and private life.
- Has a consistently demonstrated qualities of compassion, leadership, and service to either one organization or a variety of community programs.
- Must have significant achievements or services for the growth and development of the society, specifically in Cavite. The nominee has pioneered, developed, or designed new service projects, including interdisciplinary ones that identify and help alleviate community issues and problems without financial renumeration.
- A living model of the values and beliefs cherished by the Lasallian community: selfless service to his community, promotion of justice and peace, concern for the poor, commitment to excellence in his area of endeavour, a strong Christian faith, and the spirit of zeal as manifested in his compassionate attitude and caring behaviour towards his fellowmen and the environment.
- Certification by the Barangay Captain or the Municipal Mayor
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from any of the following: barangay, church, or nongovernment organizations.
- List of projects and programs and the nominee's role in each of them.
Who can nominate?
- Individuals, civic, or professional groups (e.g. Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions, Cavite Medical Society, alumni associations, etc.)
- Private and government schools, colleges, or universities
- Local government units or religious groups