The Linkages Office (LO) is generally mandated to establish partnerships with agencies, industries, and institutions of higher learning in support of the goals of the university, guided by its vision-mission. The unit provides a platform for exploratory discussions on all possible areas of cooperation, with academics as a priority. The Office is under the supervision of the Vice President for Linkages and External Affairs (VPLEA) and is headed by a director, who directs the unit operations, and coordinators to handle inbound and outbound programs and activities, and internationalization programs in general.
Functions and Activities
- Leads/assists in partnership and coordination efforts.
- Institutionalize policies, standards and guidelines on academic partnerships.
- Nurture partnerships and networks.
- Provides inputs for the alignment of the curricular and co-curricular learning activities through partnerships and collaboration.
- Support academic, research, and extension activities.
- Help enhance university presence, prominence and relevance.
- Support academic mobility.
- Partnership and collaboration meetings
- Faculty and Student Exchange programs
- Funding and assistance in international internship deployment
- Lasallian Development Program for Inbound Students
- Orientation and Welcoming program
- Lasallian Formation Program
- Fitness and Sports Activities
- Environmental Awareness Workshops
- Extension Programs
- Cultural Activities/Seminar
- Arrange collaboration meetings with departments, colleges and particular offices.
- Facilitate review of MOAs/MOUs for partnerships.
- Deployment of university students for international exchanges.
- Deployment of faculty members for international exchanges.
- Conducts pre-departure orientation for outbound.
- Travel assistance (visa and extension, airline tickets, medical insurance, etc.)
- Local transport arrangements.
- Airport transfers.
- Admission and enrollment assistance.
- Endorsement for customized language classes.
- Campus tours.
- Accommodation arrangements.