De La Salle University-Dasmariñas will once again hold a Search for the Outstanding Faculty of the Year which seeks to recognize academic teaching and academic service faculty who manifest the ideals and values of a DLSU-D faculty.
The award honors individuals who have displayed exemplary faculty performance, contributed significantly in the improvement of the profession and the community, and successfully lived out the core Lasallian values of faith, zeal for service, and communion.
Spearheaded by the Office of the VCAR, different sectors of the academic community are involved in the search including students, parents, support staff, alumni and faculty in a joint effort to recognize educators who are defined by characteristics that go beyond what is required of a teacher inside the classroom.
Ultimately, the search aims to inspire many faculty – the neophyte and the seasoned alike to nurture, share, and positively carry out their optimum potentials.
Who are qualified
- Coordinators with at least fifteen (15) units of regular teaching load per semester during the 2nd semester of S.Y. 2017-2018 and 1st semester of S.Y. 2018-2019
Who are not qualified
- Hall of fame awardees
- Those who have been suspended, reprimanded, or have been sanctioned for violation of administrative policies, rules, and regulations during the 2nd semester of S.Y. 2017-2018 and 1st semester of S.Y. 2018-2019.
- Faculty with administrative assignments below 15 units.
Who can nominate
- All full time faculty in active service
- All regular support staff in active service
- All POLCA members (including officers) in good standing
- All Alumni Association members in good standing
- All bonafide undergraduate students of DLSU-D
- The nomination shall be submitted to the department where the faculty belongs to.
- A letter to the nominee asking for confirmation and submission to the nomination process shall be sent by the Department Chair. The letter shall also indicate that the faculty is allowing the committees (department, collegiate, institutional) to look into the veracity of the information found in the submitted documents.
- The department shall form an ad hoc committee for the purpose of the SOF: Department Chair (Chair), Spiritual Committee Chair, Research Committee Chair, Faculty Development Committee Chair, and Senior Faculty Representative.
- The committee shall set the calendar for the department nomination process based on the general calendar of activities of the Search. The committee should schedule the following: submission, deliberation , announcement, acceptance of motions for review, decision, and endorsement to the college dean concerned.
- Although the department ad hoc committee is free to accept as many nominees as possible, it shall only endorse one name to the dean. To ensure that the nominee fits the term outstanding, he or she should receive at least an 80% score after deliberation.
- Upon acceptance of the endorsement, the college dean shall form a collegiate ad hoc committee for this purpose. The Dean shall chair the committee with the following members: College Research Committee Chair, Department Chairs’ Representative, College Student Council Representative, FA Board representative , and Senior Faculty Representative.
- The collegiate committee shall likewise set a calendar (as indicated in 6.0) that would lead towards the submission to the Institutional Search Committee. Only one nominee for each college shall be accepted.
- The Institutional Search Committee shall convene based on the calendar of activities set. The committee shall be composed of the VCAR (Chair), VCMEAA, Dean of Students, HRMO Director, FA President, USC President, Kabalikat President , College Deans’ Representative , URO Director, POLCA Representative, and Alumni Representative .
- The committee shall also be subjected to the requirement of the deliberation process. It is also required to announce the finalists a day after all documents are submitted.
- Should there be a tie, the committee must conduct an interview among the finalists to break such tie.
- The EXECOM shall be informed in advance.
- The winner shall be announced during the Faculty Recognition.
- The decision shall be final and irrevocable.
|Evaluation of total faculty performance (Outstanding in the student evaluation and at least very satisfactory across groups of raters )||45|
|Accomplishment in his or her professional field (awards, scholarships, research publications, quality of participation in professional organizations, papers read, and the like)||30|
|Service to school and community (quality of committee work and participation in religious, and civic organizations)||15|
|Attendance in Department, Collegiate, and Institutional activities||10|
|December 10, 2018||Opening of SOF|
|December 11-17, 2018||Nomination and submission of forms to the department|
|December 17-19, 2018||Communication from the chair to the nominee/s|
|January 8-24, 2019||Submission of documents to the department|
|January 25-31, 2019||Department deliberation and other activities|
|January 1-February 7, 2019||
|February 8, 2019 (up to 5pm)||Submission of nomination to the Institutional Committee (through the OVCAR)|
|February 11, 2019||Announcement of finalist/s|
|February 11-15, 2019||Institutional deliberation|
|February 16-28, 2019||Information to the EXECOM|
|TBA||Announcement of winners|