A student is considered officially enrolled after making full or initial payment of tuition and other fees.
A registration confirmation slip printed from the online enrollment facility (OnE) may be used for payment in accredited payment centers and banks or at the University cashiers. Once the University officially acknowledges payment, which is technically termed “posting”, in the OnE, the student may print the Certificate of Registration (COR) Transaction 1.
Modification and registration of enrolled subjects will mean Transaction 2 or 3.
- A student may only modify registration online if transaction 1 is complete, which means fees are already paid and such payment is already posted in OnE.
- Students are allowed up to 3 transactions only. On a case to case basis, a student may request for a fourth transaction. He/she must fill out an Enrollment Transaction Request Form indicating the reason/s. The request is subject to the University Registrar’s approval. Once approved, a corresponding fee shall be paid.
- A student with unpaid balance or old account is not allowed to enroll if not cleared by the Accounting Office.
- A foreign student will be put on-hold and will only be cleared upon presentation of certificate of eligibility to enroll.
Regular academic load per semester must not exceed the number of units prescribed in the approved curriculum. During the summer term, a student can enroll up to a maximum load of 9 units.
Graduating students may be given an overload not exceeding 6 units, in excess of the normal load specified in the curriculum during the regular semester and 3 units during the summer term. Student/s process the request for overload at the respective counters of records evaluators.
Students maintain a curriculum flowchart where they record their grades every end of the semester and/or summer. An Online Curriculum flowchart is available once the student activates his/her DLSU-D portal account.
Pre-requisite - a subject that must be taken ahead of another subject, e.g. ENGL100 must be taken ahead of all other English subjects. On a case to case basis, a student may be allowed to simultaneously enroll in pre-requisite and advanced classes only when: the pre-requisite is a repeated subject, the student is graduating at the end of the school term, and is approved by the University Registrar.
Co-requisite - a subject that must be taken simultaneously with another subject even if grades are given separately, e.g. ARCH111 must be taken simultaneously with ARCH111L.
University requirement - subjects that must be taken by all Filipinos enrolled in the university (NSTP, PE, Intro).
National Service Training Program (NSTP)
All Filipino students are required to complete 6 units of National Service Training Program (NSTP). NSTP subjects should be completed at the end of first semester of the second curriculum.
Physical Education (PE)
All students are required to complete 8 units of Physical Education (PE) subjects until the end of second semester of the second curriculum year.
All freshmen and transferees are required to complete INTRO01 and INTRO02 during the first and second semesters, respectively.
Laboratory Subjects (Registrar’s Guidebook, CEAP P.41)
A maximum of 2 laboratory subjects per semester are allowed for five-unit subjects, while a maximum of 3 laboratory subjects are allowed for four-unit subjects. Laboratory subjects that are paired with an academic subject must be taken during the same semester as the academic subject even if separate grades are given to both.
A DLSU-D student is allowed to cross-enroll in another HEI only on the following conditions:
- The student is graduating during the current term.
- The subject to be cross enrolled is not offered in the University.
- The subject has the same description and number of units as that offered in another HEI.
- The HEI where the student will enroll is accredited and at par with the quality of education that the University is known for.
A student who wishes to cross-enroll in another HEI must seek the endorsement of the college dean and approval of the cross-enrollment permit from the University Registrar. The cross-enrollment slip must be properly filled out.
The Office of the Registrar and the Center for Student Admissions process the application for admission of cross enrollees. Application forms with incomplete requirements will not be processed.
Cross-Enrollment With HEI
Cross-enrollees are regular students from another HEI but are concurrently enrolled in some subjects in the University (CEAP Registrar’s Guidebook p.35).
A student from another HEI may be accepted for enrollment upon submission of an authorization/permit to cross enroll from the student’s home HEI. The permit must contain the specific information of the subject/s authorized for cross enrollment to other HEIs.
Cross-Enrollment Steps for Students from Another HEI
- Submit Permit to Cross-Enroll duly signed by the Registrar of the HEI to the Enrollment Committee. Counter 1 issues a referral slip.
- Secure, fill-out, and submit Student Information Sheet to get Student Number at Counter 1. Secure Advising Form and Enrollment Procedure.
- Present Certificate of Registration at Counter 18-A.
Cross-enrollees are subject to all the policies imposed by DLSU-D.
A student may be allowed to change or be recommended to change to another curriculum termed as shifting. Shifting is not allowed after the first semester (subject to college policy). A student is only allowed to shift to another course 3 times and must follow these procedures:
- Secure Shifting Form at Counter 1.
- Obtain GPA from the Records Evaluator.
- Acquire permission to shift and signatures from present college dean/associate dean.
- Request for evaluation of records from the receiving associate dean. If qualified and there is available slot, proceed to next step.
- Acquire approval and signature of receiving college dean.
- Submit Shifting Form and Advising Form at Counter 1.
Transferees are students who moved from another higher educational institution (HEI) to DLSU-D. HEIs include technical and vocational schools regulated by TESDA.
Aside from the DLSU-D Admission Requirements, a transferee must submit Certificate of Eligibility for Transfer and/or Admission. This is also referred to as Certificate of Transfer, which signifies, among others, that the student is free from all financial and other accountabilities from previous HEI.
The Certificate of Eligibility for Transfer and/or Admission, which is issued only once, comes with a tear-off portion or return slip that is sent back to the originating school. Upon receipt of this tear-off portion, the originating school must forward the official Transcript of Records (TOR) marked “Copy for De La Salle University-Dasmariñas”. As a rule, the TOR is issued only once.
By convention, the True Copy of Grades is accepted for evaluation purposes only and not for formal transfer. The True Copy of Grades includes grades and units earned from all other previous HEIs (CEAP Registrar’s Guidebook p.34-35). A transferee must not have failing grades of more than 21 units, which is stipulated in the DLSU-D Student Handbook; at most in third year level in his chosen curriculum; and undergo a crediting process for the subjects taken.
College graduates applying for a second degree are subject to the same requirements for transferees. Only the general education requirements will be credited to the second course. The remaining subjects that need to be taken would be major subjects and those that are required by the university (e.g., REED, INTRO).
Online Enrollment Steps (Phase 1)
- Go to the DLSU-D website (www.dlsud.edu.ph).
- Click myDLSUD Portal.
- Click the button: Go to Log In Page.
- Enter your valid Portal Account (username and passcode).
- Click FEATURES. A drop-down list will appear.
- Sign in on OnE.
Online Enrollment Steps (Phase 2)
- Register subjects in OnE (usual registration process).
- Print Confirmation Receipt.
- Pay necessary fees through accredited banks, other payment centers, and online credit card payment in OnE. Official receipts may be claimed a week after at the Student Accounts Section. Payments are also accepted at the DLSU-D Cashier.
- Wait for payment to be posted within 2 working days after payment date.
- Print Certificate of Registration (COR).
First-Time Transferee Enrollment Steps
- Finalize subjects at the Department/Dean’s Office. Present final permit/clearance. Office evaluates/confirms registration, then makes changes in the pre-registered subjects, if any.
- Get COR from the Office of the Registrar.
- Pay necessary fees at the Cashier.
- Apply for ID and confirm enrollment at Counter 5.