Based on the directive of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academics and Research (OVCAR), during the period of class suspension, the University shall conduct classes through:
- Modules distribution through email by subject teachers
- Use of the University LMS (Schoolbook) account or any online application (social or educational)
- A 24/7 tech support is available for the Schoolbook users.
- For the copy of the official memo on the Academics and Research response to the COVID-19 developments: check the following:
- Academics and Research Response to the COVID-19 Developments as of March 11, 2020
- Academics and Research Response to the COVID-19 Developments as of March 13, 2020
- Academics and Research Response to the COVID-19 Developments as of March 17, 2020
- Academics and Research Response to the COVID-19 Developments as of March 24, 2020
- Academics and Research Response to the COVID-19 Developments as of March 27, 2020
- AEA-IRC Library Support Guide
- Center for Admissions and Scholarships Advisory
- High School Advisory on Modified Operating Protocol for School Safety
- Advisory on Registrar Concerns
- Guidelines for the use of SWC Online Support
- Schoolbook Features and Tech Support
- Schoolbook Access Codes for First Year Students
- Research Week Concerns
- Virtual Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Getting Started with Microsoft Teams
- High School Online Learning Module
- Directive of DLSU-D High School to Teachers on Online Classrooms
- Online Mental Health and Well-Being Support Service
- DLSU-D High School concerns and measures on the Distance Learning Mode
- CSA Advisory: Students applying for reconsideration
- Enhanced Schoolbook Support
- DLSU-D Distance Learning Guide for Faculty
- DLSU-D Distance Learning Guide for Students
- Center for Innovative Learning Webinar Series
- DLSU-D Digital Concert for COVID Frontliners
Guidelines for the Use of Schoolbook
Guidelines for the use of online support
(1) Be courteous and respectful - these are faculty members who have volunteered to help. (2) Respect privacy. (3) Do not use this for fun or jokes. (4) Be patient with the response. Consider the internet speed of both parties. (5) Keep the topic related to Schoolbook concerns only.
24/7 Support Forum
For both students and faculty
A 24/7 technical support is available within Schoolbook. First, log in at SB. then click the 'Help' icon at the upper right part -- the one with the question mark icon. Next, click the Support Forum. Type in your question and for a response directly from Cypher Learning.
For Student Support
Our chat is available at the Schoolbook log-in page. Members from the CILP team will respond to your Schoolbook concerns. Jivochat is available from Monday to Friday from 8 am 12 nn and 1 pm to 5 pm. Please allow a maximum of five minutes' response time.
For Faculty Support
Each college has set up a messenger group chat support, E-learning. Champions from each college will be there to support the faculty's Schoolbook-related concerns.
For those who prefer video demonstration
Faculty and students alike can join the live video sessions for more interactive support. This support is available from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 11 am. You need to log in to both Schoolbook and Office 365. Downloading the MS Teams app (for Android and IOS) is also recommended. The link will be posted at the Schoolbook Newsfeed.