The contribution of tourism and hospitality industry to the Philippine economy has been increasing steadily. However, there has been little research helping to clarify the importance of the industry to the global economy in general and Philippine economy in particular. The College of Tourism and Hospitality Management (CTHM) seeks to be a source of research- based and creative solutions in addressing issues in the areas of tourism planning, management and development.
Following DLSU-Ds commitment for social transformation, CTHM vigorously explores research in two principal areas: tourism and environment. The main challenge is to find and establish relationships between those two areas and to find scientific ways to protect the interests of both.
The above topics are expected to be articulated through the following:
- What new links (if any) between the tourism industry and the environment could be established, and how could they be positioned in the country in which sustainable development is yet to be reached?
- What is the impact of local and foreign tourists on the local economy?
- What factors affect eco-tourism and how do these factors differ among municipalities and provinces in the Philippines?
- How do modern innovations, particularly in information technology, affect the hospitality industry in the country?
- What new revenue management ideas could be implemented in culinary restaurants amidst strict competitions?
- How can hospitality institutions elevate customer satisfaction and perspectives towards their service quality?