This category of DLSU-D Gawad Caviteño seeks to recognize cooperatives with outstanding community wealth-building strategies that enabled them to become instruments of progress in their immediate community and the province of Cavite.
Who are qualified to be nominated for Gawad Caviteño? The candidates eligible for nomination should meet the following criteria and provide the supporting documents required.
- Registered primary cooperative in Cavite
- Financially healthy and reasonably expected to be successful. The cooperative must be solvent (as inferred from its operating revenues, the nature and composition of its assets and liabilities, mean patronage refund, and its ability to sustain its financial viability over the next 12 to 24 months)
- Has not been awarded any national or international recognitions.
- With diversified offerings.
- Have a reasonable growth rate in membership.
- Shows reasonable growth in the mean share of the members.
- Cooperative Development Authority certificate
- Write-up of nominee's history and accomplishments as a cooperative.
- Business Registration (photocopy of pages showing DTI or SEC certificate, nature of business, and capital sources)
- Cooperative logo
- Organizational chart or description of management flow.
- Other supporting materials such as newspaper articles, photos, certificates of memberships, trainings, seminars, speakerships, community involvement, and the like.
Who can nominate?
- Individuals, civic, or professional groups (e.g. Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions, Cavite Medical Society, alumni associations, etc.)
- Private and government schools, colleges, or universities
- Local government units or religious groups