This category of DLSU-D Gawad Caviteño seeks to recognize the value of police officers from Cavite as protectors of the civilians and faithful servants of God, the community, and their chosen profession. The award specifically honors the people in the law enforcement who went out of their way to serve the community and the country, sacrificing their time and risking their lives for the sake of the community.
Two recipients will be conferred with this award: Natatanging Police Commissioned Officer and Natatanging Police Non-Commissioned Officer.
Who are qualified to be nominated for Gawad Caviteño? The candidates eligible for nomination should meet the following criteria and provide the supporting documents required.
- Of Filipino origin and a native of Cavite.
- Also qualified are those born in Cavite who now lives outside the province or elsewhere in the Philippines or abroad, or a Caviteño/Caviteña by affinity or by migration. There is no residence requirement.
- Not related either by affinity or consanguinity to the first degree to employees of DLSU-Dasmariñas
- Has not been awarded any national or international recognitions.
- Must have exemplary morality and integrity in both public and private life.
- An active member of the Cavite PNP for at least one year and has actively served the organization for at least two years (even outside of Cavite).
- Performance ratings should at least be Very Satisfactory for the last two years.
- Holds a baccalaureate degree and has not been charged under administrative/criminal case(s) pending in court(s).
- Must have significant achievements or services for the growth and development of the society, specifically in Cavite.
- A living model of the values and beliefs cherished by the Lasallian community: selfless service to his community, promotion of justice and peace, concern for the poor, commitment to excellence in his area of endeavour, a strong Christian faith, and the spirit of zeal as manifested in his compassionate attitude and caring behaviour towards his fellowmen and the environment.
- Certification by the Barangay Captain or the Municipal Mayor
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Appointment order
- Certification of duty status
- IPER duly certified by the Provincial Headquarters
- Certified True Copy of transcript of records or diploma
- Certification of Non-pending Case from IAS, LS
- List of achievements of the nominee with brief descriptions, dates, and locations.
- Other supporting materials such as write-ups, photos, awards, certificates of memberships, trainings, seminars, speakerships, community involvement, and the like.
Who can nominate?
- Individuals, civic, or professional groups (e.g. Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions, Cavite Medical Society, alumni associations, etc.)
- Private and government schools, colleges, or universities
- Local government units or religious groups