The Doctor in Information Technology program aims to develop the needs of professionals who occupy or shall occupy positions of influence in the IT community to perform research and development with professional significance.
Doctor in Information Technology
The Doctor in Information Technology (DIT) program aims to develop the needs of professionals who occupy or shall occupy positions of influence in the IT community to perform research and development with professional significance.
Core Courses (9 units)
- Teaching of St. La Salle
- Res. Design and Adv. Statistical Methods
- Industry Immersion
Specialization Courses (18 units)
- Advanced Data Mining
- Web and e-commerce Technologies
- Management of Large IT Projects
- Data Security
- Network Security
- Special Topics in IT
Elective Courses (3 units)
- Emerging Technologies
- Mobile Enterprise Applications
- IT Governance and Enterprise Architecture
- Comprehensive Exam
- Dissertation Writing 1 (Proposal Defense)
- Dissertation Writing 2 (Local Refereed Paper Presentation)
- Dissertation Writing 3 (International Refereed Paper Presentation)
- Dissertation Writing 4 (Final Defense)
- Must have earned a master’s degree in IT or CS with a substantial research and development component as demonstrated by a presentation of the output in a refereed national or international conference. Applicants must have relevant professional experience in the field of IT within the last three (3) years.
- For graduates of allied master’s degree (Computer Engineering, Techno MBA, MS/MA Math), applicants must have earned at least 15 units of bridging courses, i.e. 3 specialization courses (9 units) and Capstone project (6 units).
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 or its equivalent in the graduate program.
- Pass the entrance exam conducted by the Center for Student Admissions (CSA).
- Accomplish and submit the following to the CSCS GS Office in a long paper folder:
- Application form (with 2 X 2 picture);
- A photocopy of TOR and diploma (original copy must be presented for verification purposes);
- Two recommendation letters from employer or former professors;
- Certificate of employment (either in teaching/field related to IT), if employed;
- Proof of paper presentation/publication
- Resume with research plan
- Satisfy all the admission requirements given by CSA.
- Pay to the University’s Accounting Office the admission fee of $500 for both permanent resident alien and transient alien.
- Pass the English proficiency test for non- English speaking applicants.
For New Applicants (non-DLSUD):
For DLSU-D graduates: submit all except letter c.
Other requirements for foreign student applicants:
- The maximum residency for doctor’s program shall be seven (7) years including capstone project.
- A student is allowed to file a leave of absence (LOA) for a semester, renewable for another semester. However, LOA is counted in his/her maximum residency.
- A course taken from another school with similar or the same description may be credited in the graduate program upon the recommendation of the Director of CSCS Graduate Studies and approval of the CSCS Dean. A maximum of nine (9) units may be credited.
- An “In Progress” grade is given to a graduate student who failed to comply or submit course work requirements within one school year. Failure to complete within the specified time would mean a grade of 0.0.
- A student who has already earned more than 50% of his/her academic courses shall not be allowed to shift to another graduate program.
Students who have completed all the requirements are the only ones allowed to graduate and attend the graduation ceremonies. The requirements are as follows:
- Completion of academic units;
- Passing the comprehensive examination and thesis/dissertation defense;
- Completion of the research paper requirements;
- Two (2) paper presentations from Dissertation (1 local; 1 international;)
- Two (2) publications related to dissertation (in at least 1 local and 1 international refereed IT Scientific journal/proceedings);
- Completion of all pertinent documents to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office;
- Clearance form to be signed by designated persons/offices;
- Payment of all financial and other obligations to the University
Be part of DLSU-D. Apply Now
Proceed to Admissions Portal