The Herminia D. Torres Quality Assurance Office takes the lead in policy formulation, quality improvement and capacity building activities meant to assure, maintain and enhance the quality of the university’s programs and services. Specifically, the QAO:
- Works closely with top management in setting up and strengthening quality assurance structures and mechanisms;
- Supervises the University’s Quality Audit Group and runs its training programs;
- Spearheads accreditation activities in coordination with the Academics and Research Division;
- Coordinates with colleges and units in carrying out self-evaluation and assessment of the academic programs and services offered by the university;
- Ensures integration of recommendations from partner accrediting agencies in the University’s annual plans and monitors their full implementation;
- Implements a document management system to ensure accuracy and readiness of information for purposes of quality assurance activities;
- Ensures that requirements set by the Commission on Higher Education along the area of quality assurance are met with required standards.