The Mathematics and Statistics Department (MSD) is one of the departments under the College of Science and Computer Studies (CSCS) of De La Salle University – Dasmariñas (DLSU-D). Guided by the Lasallian values of Faith, Zeal and Communion, the MSD aims to develop students who are committed, confident, compassionate, competent, and Christian.
Through consistent adherence to the vision-mission of DLSU-D, the MSD serves as a source of competent professionals who can greatly contribute to the industrial and academic growth of the CALABARZON area. By offering relevant and competitive curricula, implementing outreach programs that serve the community, and undertaking research focusing on the advancement of mathematics and improvement of students’ performance in mathematics, the department strives to produce Christian professionals who are competitive both locally and globally.
Purposes and Objectives:
- Train students in the areas of research, abstract reasoning and analytical thinking
- Develop among students numerical and problem solving skills
- Produce students with appropriate social values, spiritual maturity and scientific literacy
- Equip students with necessary mathematical skills that they shall use in their future work
- Recruit and develop faculty who are academically competent and who can help the University in imparting quality education to students
The Mathematics and Statistics Department (MSD) supports the College of Science's goal to benchmark the advances of basic and applied scientific researches by taking part in revitalizing education through the transfer of productive learning and in directing local communities to discover resources that improve their livelihood without sacrificing the natural environment and the preservation of cultures.It responds to the research needs in Cavite and CALABARZON and focuses its research undertakings in the major areas of Mathematics Education, Mathematical Modeling, Ethnomathematics, and pure Mathematics.
Environment, Health And Safety
- Energy, Resource and Waste Management
- Waste Management in Dasmariñas: An Assessment
- Level of Awareness and Compliance in Solid Waste Management
- Climate Change and Other Environmental Issues
- Evaluation of Kitchen Waste Management at DLSU-D Canteen
- Compliance of DLSU-D Students on Waste Management
- Community Health
- Assessment and Evaluation of Health Centers
- Cavite as an eco-tourism hub: An Assessment
- Natural Products
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Geodetic Implication of Taal
Education And Formation
- Instruction and holistic formation
- Experimental Study on Non-Proctored Examinations
- Assessment and Evaluation of Day Care Centers
- Capabilities of Secondary Mathematics Teachers
- Active Partnership with Diocese
- Innovations in Instruction
- Constructivist Approach in Teaching Solid Mensuration
- Application of Experiential Theory in Teaching Trigonometry
- Evaluation of ELGA-Based Activities in Mathematics
- Impact of Retreat and Recollection as Perceived by DLSU-D students
- Profile of Youth-at-Risk of Dasmariñas
- Correlation Study on the Academic Performance of students and presence of Computer Shops in Cavite universities and colleges
- Policy Analysis
- Evaluation of the Implementation of Municipal Ordinances
- Local Planning and Governance
- Intervention programs for Local Government Units and Police Force
- Migration and Urbanization
- Effect of Modernization to the Locals of Dasmariñas
- Urban Planning and Management
- Socio-Anthropological Studies
- Communication and Language
- Product Development
- Technology Management
- Renewable Energy
- Tourism Development and Heritage Preservation
- Effect of Climate Change on Tourism in Cavite
- Historical/Cultural Studies
- Communication, Linguistics and Literary Studies
- Socio-Anthropological Studies
Business, Livelihood And Sustainable
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Innovations in Business
- Studies in Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Operations Management, Marketing and Organizational Behavior
The faculty members of the Mathematics and Statistics Department are determined to give the best quality of mathematics education to the students by cultivating the culture of research and pursuing higher education. Four (4) of the members of the faculty have earned their degrees on PhD in Education major in Mathematics last July 2019.
Members of the faculty are also actively participating in different trainings/workshops related to their field i.e. Mathematics Camp 2019 and Southeast Asian Mathematics Society (SEAMS) School. Researches were being pursued and presented to international seminars and conferences. The researches of members of the faculty were presented to East-Asian Association for Science Education Conference, Asian Mathematical Conference, International Scholars Conference and International Congress on Mathematical Education. The Department was also able to produce textbooks i.e. Pre-Calculus, Basic Calculus and Solid Mensuration.
The faculty members are also active in joining professional organization i.e. Mathematics Society of the Philippines (MSP), Mathematics Society of the Philippines-CALABARZON (MSPC), Mathematics Teachers of the Philippines. – Tertiary Level (MTAP-TL) and Mathematics Educators of the Philippines, Inc (MATHED). One of the members of the MSD faculty has served as president of the MSPC for two consecutive years (2018 & 2019). The MSD also co-hosted the MATHED Biennial International Conference in 2017, MSPC Convention in 2016, and MTAP-TL National Convention in 2011.
The students of the BS Applied Mathematics program are also active in assisting other students who are having difficulty in mathematics through the peer tutoring program of the Applied Mathematics Program Council (AMPC).
The Department also maintains its good relationship with DePEd Cavite through various activities like training of K-12 teachers and judging for Math competitions in the province of Cavite.