The Mathematics and Statistics Department (MSD) is one of the departments under the College of Science and Computer Studies (CSCS) of De La Salle University – Dasmariñas (DLSU-D). Guided by the Lasallian values of Faith, Zeal and Communion, the MSD aims to develop students who are committed, confident, compassionate, competent, and Christian.
Through consistent adherence to the vision-mission of DLSU-D, the MSD serves as a source of competent professionals who can greatly contribute to the industrial and academic growth of the CALABARZON area. By offering relevant and competitive curricula, implementing outreach programs that serve the community, and undertaking research focusing on the advancement of mathematics and improvement of students’ performance in mathematics, the department strives to produce Christian professionals who are competitive both locally and globally.
Purposes and Objectives:
- Train students in the areas of research, abstract reasoning and analytical thinking
- Develop among students numerical and problem solving skills
- Produce students with appropriate social values, spiritual maturity and scientific literacy
- Equip students with necessary mathematical skills that they shall use in their future work
- Recruit and develop faculty who are academically competent and who can help the University in imparting quality education to students