Employees’ Mental Health Care and Support Program
The current situation brought by COVID-19 poses extraordinary challenges for our academic institution. While the long-term outlook of the pandemic is still highly uncertain, faculty and staff members together with the administrators, are nevertheless having to adapt to the situation and engage with flexible work arrangements to guarantee continuous students’ learning and school operation. Working from home can be challenging and isolating.
The stress, uncertainties, and the demands of home and work life can be harmful to our mental health. Along with the impacts of the pandemic in the academe, employees are challenged to adopt new processes and measures to perform their functions and ensure unceasing services to our stakeholders. A new learning model was introduced, it covers the fusion of education, technology, and human care. Leading towards its full implementation for SY 2020-2021, stringent preparation is now in place, online training and module development are on-going. These among other activities also affect the well-being of our team members.
- PERSONALIZED PROGRAMMING: Employees’ health assessment; consultation with dieticians, physiotherapists, sports psychologists, etc.
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: Wellness engagements: meditation; mindfulness activities
- FITNESS FRIDAY: Virtual body workout: Zumba; yoga
- LET’S GET ICED: Interest Clubs for Employees of DLSU-D
Establish clubs of different interest and/or support group to foster resilience
- H.E.A.L.S.: Health Education and Learning Sessions
Provision of learning sessions, workshops covering topics on various wellness dimensions