The College of Liberal Arts and Communication (CLAC) envisions a healthy and vibrant research environment in the domains of humanities and social sciences anchored on the institutional research agenda and Cavite Development Research Program.
CLAC faculty members probe into concerns and issues that affect Filipino society and culture, specifically in the areas language, philosophy, socio-politics, history, anthropology, psychology, and humanities. For academic year 2015-2016, only 12% of CLAC full-time faculty have engaged themselves in research; and 22% in the following academic year. CLAC is targeting 30% of its faculty be involved in research especially in international collaborations.
CLAC is guided by the following research thrusts deliberated by its five departments through appointed research representatives:
- Governance, socio-political institutions, and behavior
- Culture and change and arts
- Applied psychology
- Community development
- Transnationalism, globalization, and the international systems
- Philosophical perspectives
The thrusts above are expected to be articulated through the following:
- What are the new discoveries in the fields of humanities and social sciences that contribute to the development of human knowledge and social conditions?
- What are the factors affecting the growth and development of humanities and social science researches?
- How do humanities and social sciences interplay in relation to the advancement of knowledge?