Learn two Sign Languages in two Months (American Sign Language (ASL) and Filipino Sign Language (FSL)
Enrol in the ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE IN SIGN LANGUAGE - a creative program offered by the Professional Education Department, College of Education, DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-DASMARIÑAS in Cavite, Philippines.
Certificate in Sign Language
This course is open to all individuals who wish to educate themselves in sign language. Specifically it is for:
- Special Education (SPED) students and teachers who are dealing with deaf and hard of hearing learners.
- Hearing parents, guardians, or any parties with hard of hearing or deaf children and/or family members.
- Beginner sign communicators who desire to widen their knowledge of sign language.
- Job seekers interested to become a certified sign language interpreters.
- People who want to know and understand the deaf community and its rich culture.
- People with limited verbal skills who want to develop their communication skills
- Learn both the ASL and FSL from a sought-after trainer and advocate for SIGN LANGUAGE.
- Graduated with 2 degrees (Psychology and Education) from Philippine Normal University - Manila
- Graduated with 2 Master's degrees (Education and Special Education from University of California, USA.
- Completed American Sign Language Program from San Jose City College in California, U.S.A.
- Attended Formal ASL Education and Trainings
- Registered Interpreter for the Deaf
- Licensed Professional Teacher; Taught in the Philippine School for the Deaf and in the U.S.A; 28 years teaching in the academe and counting.
- Finishing PhD in Education
- Active engagement and involvement in Deaf Community
- Expert in all methods of communication with the deaf and hard of hearing (Sign Language, Lipreading and Total Communication)
How to Register
- Php 2,999.00 - Early Bird Rate until July 22, 2022 only
- Php 3,499.00 - Regular Rate
How to Pay
- Fill out registration form online, accessible in the DLSU-D website
- Pay registration fee at the DLSU-D Accounting Office or through BPI Banks (any branch)
- Account Name: De La Salle University-Dasmariñas
- Account Number: 0961-0041-44
- Send a scanned or photographed copy of official receipt of payment or bank transfer transaction to
|July 30, 2022||Saturday||Introductions and Personal Information|
|August 6, 2022||Saturday||Greetings and Different Expressions|
|August 13, 2022||Saturday||Descriptions (persons, animal, things, etc.)|
|August 20, 2022||Saturday||Family and Friends|
|August 27, 2022||Saturday||Food and Food Shopping|
|September 3, 2022||Saturday||Calendar Activities (days, months, important holidays)|
|September 10, 2022||Saturday||At Home and Daily Living|
|September 17, 2022||Saturday||Counting Numbers & its Application Using Numbers|
|September 24, 2022||Saturday||Interpreting poems, prayers, stories, and songs|
- Relyn S. Antenor-Cruz, Creative Program In-charge / PFD Chair
- Marilyn B. Macario, Secretary
- Trunkline: +63 (46) 481.1900 local 3085