By the end of each semester, the academic performance of students are computed using the Absolute Grading System. Class activities like quizzes and major examinations are graded using the formula: (Score/Total Items) X 100. Passing grade is at least 60%.
All faculty members should submit his/her grades online using the following procedure:
- Log on to MyDLSU-D Faculty Portal
- Click Online Submission of Grades Link
- Select features then click Grades
- Go to Online Submission of Grades Class Page
- Encode and review grades
- Decide on submission options
- Go to Class Page
- Download and print the received copy
Faculty members who will submit the remarks "IN PROGRESS" in lieu of a grade is allowed only for On the Job Training (OJT), Graduate School Courses and under graduate research and thesis. The students are given at most one year to complete all the requirements after which a special report of grade should be accomplished by the faculty who handled the subject to give the final grade.
- The Special Report of Grades must be signed by the faculty and endorsed by the department chair and dean. The faculty submits the form together with the computation of grade to the Office of the Registrar for approval.
- The records verifier shall update the grades of the students in the database after the approval of the University Registrar.
- Faculty should accomplish the change of grade form/ special report of grades form and affix his e-signature
- Seek endorsement from the department chair
- nce endorsed, submit the scanned change of grade form or special report of grades form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty will be informed that change of grades or special report of grades is already encoded.
Only grades in academic courses are included in the computation of the semester Grade Point Average (GPA) or the cumulative Grade Point Average (cumGPA). The semester GPA refers to the average of grades in all academic courses taken at the university in a given semester whereas the cumGPA refers to the weighted average of grades from the first semester to the recently completed semester.
The GPA may be obtained through the following procedures:
- multiply the credit for each course by the corresponding grade point to get the equivalent points;
- add all the equivalent points to get the total; and
- divide the total equivalent points by the total number of credit units during the semester up to three decimal places, then, round off to two decimal places.
The GPA and the cumulative GPA are computed up to three (3) decimal places only. The third decimal place is automatically dropped after rounding off. No rounding off of numbers is allowed thereafter.
|Courses||Grade Points||Credit Units||Equivalent Points|
GPA = total grade points = 55.50 = 3.08
total credit units 18
All college subjects enrolled and corresponding grades obtained by the student at DLSU-D or any postsecondary school shall be reflected in the official transcript of records. All grades shall be considered in the computation of the overall GPA.
If a student's grade is not entered online by the professor/subject faculty to the Office of the Registrar because the student failed to take the final examination and/or accomplish other work/task prescribed for the course, his/her grade automatically becomes 0.00 two (2) weeks after the last day of the final special examination schedule.