The department envisions itself as an integrating component in the holistic formation of students, faculty, and staff towards maturity in the Christian faith within the context of a Filipino Catholic University in the service of the Church and the society.
Guided by the Gospel and the Lasallian values of Faith, Zeal for Service, and Communion in Mission, it:
- shares in the renewed evangelization of the Church and in the University's Vision-Mission inspired by St. John Baptist De La Salle;
- develops and implements academic programs that are "maka-Diyos, maka-bayan, maka-tao" and "maka-kalikasan";
- adopts an integrated and innovative approach in religious education;
- provides complementary formation programs for its faculty and staff;
- conducts researches on current methodologies and approaches in religious education and theology;
- upholds a deep respect and love for all of God's creation;
- and commits itself to the promotion of justice and peace through active involvement in advocacies for personal conversion and social transformation.
- National Conference on Values & Religious Education
Seminar-Workshops, Lectures & Fora on
- Contemporary Social Issues on
- Environment/Global Warming
- Social Communication
- Social Justice
- Voters Education, etc.
- Church Documents (i.e Evangelii Gaudium, Lumen Fidei, Verbum Domini, Laudato Si, Amores Laeticia, etc.)