The Emilio Aguinaldo Theater Repertory Organization or TEATRO Lasalliana (TLS) is the sole theater group in De La Salle University- Dasmariñas under the guidance of its adviser/artistic director, Mr. Nazer Degayo Salcedo, a theater practitioner and educator. The group is one of the seven institutionalized organizations in the campus under the supervision of Cultural Arts Office (CAO). Since 1988, the group has been striving to provide and expose the community with quality theater productions while inculcating Lasallian values and at the same time nurturing the capabilities of its members of becoming genuine student leaders.
The TLS subscribes to the belief that theater arts is a concerted, collective effort. Interested individuals need not have the know-how or ability to act to be part of the magical world of theater. Yearly, TLS comes up with minor and major stage plays as well as theater festivals. The members visit secondary schools for outreach programs and workshop sessions designed for potential artists.
Over the past two decades, the institution has been strong and firm in producing successful individuals molded with excellence and passion not just for theater arts but also with their booming careers.
With its quote “Go for Truth”, TEATRO Lasalliana family continues to grow and tap more and more people about the truth of life and society.
- To stimulate cultural awareness of the Lasallian community
- To provide the community with excellence in Theater Productions
- To support Academic Programs
- To promote the Religio, Mores, and Cultura of the University
- To provide an alternative venue for self-expression and creativity
- To expose the community to quality production (musical, straight and street plays) expressed in the native language in order to cultivate Filipino Heritage
- To provide relevant Filipino classical and musical plays
- To open the doors and to stimulate the minds of the young people into the theatrical world
- To work hand in hand with the faculty, non-teaching staff and student organizations
- To entertain while inculcating right conduct and values
- To develop the management skills of the students
- a bonafide student of DLSU-D
- carries a minimum/maximum load as imposed by the institution,
- of good moral character
- much willing to serve the organization
How to Join
- Step 1: Fill out the application form (Processing fee: P 50.00)
- Step 2: Submit the form with the following requirements:
- Parental Consent
- 1 pc. 2x2 colored picture
- Sketch of residence
- Photocopy of official registration form
- Photocopy of the previous grades (for upperclassmen)
- Step 3: Prepare a 1-minute Filipino/ English monologue & a joke
- 25-100% tuition fee discount
- Exemption from PE Classes (except PE 1 & 3)
- Exemption from NSTP 102
- Free training & workshops