De La Salle University-Dasmariñas, through its seven colleges, fosters the research study of different disciplines and their various subfields.
The said areas of interest are covered by the university research thrusts, the topics specified in the Cavite Development Research Program (CDRP), and the research thrusts of the International Association of Lasallian Universities (IALU), in which the university is a member institution. The research areas could be summarized in the following questions:
- What are the implications of present land use activities including agricultural land conversion in Cavite and the country on food security and the environment, and how do these issues vary among municipalities, cities and regions especially in this era of climate change?
- How does water scarcity problems affect health, livelihoods and economic activity in different communities in Cavite and in the country in general, and what technological innovations are needed to address it and to potentially improve conservation practices?
- How do our current urban systems work and what measures involving the application of technological innovations could be done to understand and improve them?
- How do we improve initiatives (if there is any) done in the province of Cavite in terms of infrastructure, air and water quality , waste management, traffic management, governance, economic growth and sustainability, and food security?
- What factors affect the development of eco-tourism and other enterprises in Cavite, and how do we work on those factors to ensure sustainable progress?
- How can we improve the quality of education with the assurance that the products of our educational system have the respect for cultural diversity, social justice, and human rights?
- What is the impact of K to 12 on the quality of education in the Philippines?
- What innovative approaches can we do to make deeper studies on language including but not limited to its use, usage, acquisition and preservation?
- What new methods and technologies can be used to test the potential active ingredients isolated from indigenous plants in the treatment of infectious agents and other diseases for possible drug discover?
- How do we respond to the technological demands in the fields of creative arts, heritage conservation and e-learning?
- What are the social and economic costs of pressing labor issues such as international labor migration, tax reforms and contractualization?
- How does social media affect changes in sexual behaviour?
- How do we innovate interdisciplinary and inter -agency approaches in responding to societal needs?